Built Up A Powerwheels Jeep!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in that case, the 6volt ones are really only for very flat surfaces. but they are slow and small and a good starter if you've got a place for them to ride it. my nephew also has a 6volt atv and it really only goes downhill in the grass. on pavement it's better. I stepped up to the bigger 12 volt jeeps (which have a high and a low speed setting) because all of my parents' land is grass and bumpy/hilly.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like black rims too, but I was going for the classic CJ look.  It was convenience that HF wheels were white rather than laziness on my part to not change them.   :thumbsup:   maybe in the future when he's old enough to form an opinion we can change them to suit his tastes.  they are 2-piece wheels so it's a cinch to pull them apart and hit them with paint.

I saw a guy that lifted his by using another body and nesting them together (and then cutting away anything that wasn't needed so it didn't look like 2 stacked Jeeps).  gave a few inches of lift and kept the drive hub geometry factory.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I was like 3?, my dad brought home a pink barbie power wheels jeep. His friend brought it for his daughters, but blew the motors putting in a 12 volt battery lol. My dad put in new motors from powerwheels, and painted the whole thing white. My mom, who works for a local paper, designed "sheriff" decals to place all over it, since my dads a sheriff officer. It was the coolest thing ever lol. When I was old enough I used to pretend to work on it, along with all the other rigs in my powerwheels garage.