Built Up A Powerwheels Jeep!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do NOT show that to my sis. :no: I keep having to reassure her that the Jeep will be stuck in low speed when I introduce it to my nephew in 2 months.

(but you know that's coming next year... :brows: )

• 2 months later...

I don't seem to have much in the way of photos, but here you can see the mirrors and the door. the doors came from another powerwheels jeep I picked up complete for 10 bucks (stripped it for spare parts). the doors don't quite go right in, but aren't too hard to mod. I also bought the sound box from a powerwheels harley motorcycle and fitted it behind the dash with the buttons exposed. I swear I have a pic of that somewhere...

• 1 month later...

installed the battery today. everything is pretty much done except for the steering wheel. tomorrow we'll see what my nephew thinks of it. :D update photos will be posted tomorrow (ran out of sunlight tday).

oh and it turns out the voltmeter doesn't work. :fs1:

it was a fun project. :D

added some Jeep emblems to the backside. (and a cap for the spare tire :D )

yes, that hood emblem was what you thought it was. :D the headlights/taillights are not yet functional. I'll get to that later. but the LEDs are installed inside.

bought an aftermarket battery and installed it under the seat instead of in the engine bay. now the engine bay can be a trunk of sorts. I also added a trickle charger so we can just plug it in at the end of the day and it'll always be topped off.

he likes it :D was there any doubt? just wait til he finds out he can power it along with his foot! I disconnected the power from the wheels to see how he handles the concept of "steering" (he needs some more practice. :yes: ) but we have a slight downhill in the backyard and he went down that repeatedly until he snapped the cross-shaft in the steering column. yup, that's right. in typical jeeper fashion he broke something his first time out. . :MJ 1: . but I've gotta hit the road back to Michigan, so it'll fall on his grandpa's shoulders to fix it.

734351_593585393990216_389942222_n.jpg

735000_593585407323548_495859529_n.jpg

I saw a guy that made a winch out of a spare wheel motor. it was sweet! not sure how powerful it is though. but I have a good start: solid extraction points. :D you can hang the whole jeep from any of the clevises. :thumbsup:

trailer construction starts on my next trip down. :yes: