Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

Awesome work Alex. You do clean work. I know your excited. When do you think you will be able to drive?

The transmission cross member and support goes in tonight.(Paint is drying.) After that I install the starter, partial exhaust, underside wiring, and maybe the steering box. Then I have to do a dreaded job. Dropping the gas tank to figure out fuel delivery. Did you leave gas in that thing? I would think not, but hoping that the tank is empty! I want to have it running by this coming weekend.

Arriving this week:

Dirtbound Offroad - XJ Electric Fan Conversion

Iron Rock Off Road - Double Shear Track Bar

Ruff Stuff - D44 Spring Perches

Spidertrax - WHS-013 JK Wheel Adapters

JCR Offroad - DIY MJ Rear Bumper

I am still waiting for the electric fan conversion to arrive from Dirtbound Offroad. Nine days and no shipping notification. :/

My list of needs to be done before starting the engine break in process.

• Valve Cover Grommets
  • PCV Valve
  • Valve Cover Breather
  • Accelerator Cable
  • Torque Converter Bolts
  • Shifter Cable
  • Oil Pan Bolts
  • Fill With Oil
  • Prime Oil Pump
  • Transmission Lines
  • Transmission Inspection Cover
  • Radiator and Hoses
  • Coolant
  • Radiator Cap
  • Power Steering Box and Plumbing
  • Exhaust
  • O2 Sensors
  • AC Lines
  • Firewall to engine ground
  • Electric Fan Conversion

Um Supercharger??

Do you mean for installing before the first start? I intend to do the engine break in without it to avoid the issue that I probably do not have the correctly sized injectors or any tuning for it yet.

I just didn't see it on your list, and what are your plans for tuning?

I currently have 27~ pound injectors. I may need upwards of 32 pounds with the supercharger. For electronics Chris at http://christuned.com/ is one of the few that can adjust the stock PCM. From there it looks like the AEM F/IC 6 is a good choice. These electronics are expensive so I will be definitely waiting until after the holiday to do all of this since I know my nephews are expecting presents. :P

I bought a Pacesetter header since it looked like a good deal. The down pipe comes down angling up towards the floor and frame rail. It is dangerously close to the transmission line and the placement of the oxygen sensor bung interferes with the lines. I think I am going to put a right angle piece to dump the exhaust below the frame rail and get a muffler shop to fix it once it can drive again.

The quality on this piece is questionable. :/

Remove and re-fit new freeze plug now.

I hate to do this, but this thing is getting some stop leak ran through it followed by several flushes. I have determined I can not get the Pacesetter exhaust manifold off without pulling the engine.

• 3 weeks later...

Updates?

Looking really cozy with everything stacked and leaning against it! I moth balled it for a few weeks during the holidays since I was away from home and Creeper Jeep needed the transmission swapped out in the other side of the garage.

Electric Fans Installed

gallery_1_12_29954.jpg

Power Wire Loom - I used heat shrink splices everywhere I could.

gallery_1_12_48198.jpg

Grounded Off

gallery_1_12_19521.jpg

Electric Fans Power Wiring Neatly Bundled

gallery_1_12_287589.jpg

Temperature Sensor Wiring Loom and Relays

gallery_1_12_273865.jpg

Please don't do that.... Where did you order your carpet from?

RockAuto.com - 116387CUTPILEMB - About $160 shipped.

I do need the bed. Otherwise carrying wood and other items would be difficult. :P