buckeye comanches

johnr

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a guy from Wadsworth or somebody that goes to Wadsworth a lot in a red swb with a roll bar on here? Seems like i see him every time I go home.

does it have a bunch of stickers in the back window and a different color tailgate?

I come through Wadsworth on weekends once a month or so heading to or from Cleveland. But I'm either driving Sparkles, or the Purple People Eater. Don't own anything red.

Also go to Norton once in a while. Got a buddy living there that always seems to post up part for sale or free that I want.

And I'd be up for a meet and greet with a little wheeling. Mu suggestions for wheeling would be Dover Dirt Trails (second weekend of the month when they open again) since it's 5 minutes from my house, or Southington Offroad (near Garrettsville) first weekend of any month for larger property, milder wheeling and a great family atmosphere; my daughter's favorite place to be.

Who all of you take your truck off road, and how's it built?

that was my dd for about 6years, I kinda sold it too my friend michell, I let her barrow it while I was out if town and she was hooked from then on. i took that truck every where up into maine, down new oreleans, the outer banks........the list goes on. the sad part is when I first got that truck it was almost rust free, payed $1000 but it was just a truck too me and didn't take care of it trying too fight rust from happening. young and dumb makes me sad now when I think about it! :(

but it's still running like a champ and I michell she can't sell it or scrap it if it dies unless she talks too me first.

And I'd be up for a meet and greet with a little wheeling.

Who all of you take your truck off road, and how's it built?

I would really like to go out on a wheeling trip, but I need to put the floors in the rest of the way. And get new tires... Gotta love being a broke college kid living 350 miles away from my MJ :(

ill take mine off road for some mild stuff. i went about a month ago with a local jeep club to wellsville. there where a lot of fist timers on the trail including my self. the guy who lead my group kept us on the mild trails, i guess they where they seem to be as rough as i would like to go on.

my truck is stock for now its a 4 cyl 4 speed with 30" x 9.5 BFG KO tires. I'm about a week away from putting on a Rubicon express 3" lift on it on the front with a Hellcreek 3" leaf pack on the rear, a JCR offroad t-case belly skid plate. i have front factory tow hooks with JCR bumper/frame renforcment brackets the rear has a modified step bumper with d-rings tied into the frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz5uGpac ... rofilepage

• 4 weeks later...

Been out to Jeepskool more times than I can count (it's my daughter's favorite place to wheel, or swim for that matter when the weather is nice), but it is no longer. Jeepskool lost the lease to the property, and now the property owner himself is running events there. For info go to Southington Offroad on facebook. Great family atmosphere, lots of stock/stockish trails, some hard core trails (deep water :ack: ) and some hard core obstacles. At one time or another I have beat every obstacle and completed every trail safe one. And that one requires dual lockers and a winch. Last time there I was going to attempt it but I broke an axle shaft within 2 minutes behind the wheel and spent the rest of the weekend in 3wd.

Never been out to Yankee Lake. Wouldn't mind running the trails there some time, but forget the mud. It gets everywhere and ruins bearings, ball joints and tie rod ends.

Personally I enjoy mud, mostly because I'm still a young buck and girls just looooove the mud for some reason. I like the trails too, and our trucks are perfect for them. Maybe a little long, but still good. Don't have to worry about getting ran over by Mud Slut or Floored lady of the night lol

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like ive been left out, i went on kind of a hiatus for a year and a half but I'm back. Since Ive been back on here i ended up selling my 88 longbed so I'm only down to 2 comanches. I will be on here and my other forums more activly now because i finally decided to go back to college (again, after a 3 year school hiatus) and i have a VERY long break inbetween my classes. I just recently found out at JeepSkool is no more, it was truely a great place to wheel. As for yankee lake, I'm not much of a fan. its too congested for my liking. my wheeling situation is this; right now I have a ZJ that i trailride with but that will go up for sale here sometime soon so i might not be able to make the wheeling trip in a comanche. one MJ is in the process of a bed off restoration and the other is sitting with no motor. i can take my DD cherokee if we do have a meet and greet wheeling session but i try not to beat that one too hard anymore. Oh yea i almost forgot! I'm from boardman but my shop is in struthers, both of which are suburbs of youngstown.

where is yankee lake?

Over in Brookfield...

1800 State Route 7 NE Brookfield, OH 44403

Rob i believe i spoke to you at 4wd hardware in columbiana, i was the young punk that was talking to you about the 1990 eliminator that i might have for sale...turns out I'm going to keep it and turn it into a trail rig trailer queen and sell of my ZJ instead.

Hope to meet you all soon!

Josh