Project Drahcir49”Two”

I need a 44 badly! If you decide to sell it I call dibs! Rich, would you be around next weekend to possibly lend a hand getting the BA10 back under my MJ? I got it out by myself but I don't know if I can get it back in alone haha. I am going to be doing the clutch and everything else this week and hopefully by Saturday or Sunday of next week ill get the trans back up in and have everything bled. Spacers look great btw man :clapping:

RockMJ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a 44 badly! If you decide to sell it I call dibs! Rich, would you be around next weekend to possibly lend a hand getting the BA10 back under my MJ? Spacers look great btw man :clapping: RockMJ

I have a set of late model XJ buckets in tan that could be made to work with some welding. Free if you want them! RockMJ

I will let you know when I see another one, but I am keeping this one :D . I will swing by and give you a hand for sure :thumbsup: . Just give me a time and day as soon as you can, because I have my nephew and niece next weekend. I will have give my wife a heads up. :cheers: . I have two buckets from the 96, but thank you for the offer. Thanks!

I need a 44 badly! If you decide to sell it I call dibs! Rich, would you be around next weekend to possibly lend a hand getting the BA10 back under my MJ? Spacers look great btw man :clapping: RockMJ

I have a set of late model XJ buckets in tan that could be made to work with some welding. Free if you want them! RockMJ

I will let you know when I see another one, but I am keeping this one :D . I will swing by and give you a hand for sure :thumbsup: . Just give me a time and day as soon as you can, because I have my nephew and niece next weekend. I will have give my wife a heads up. :cheers: . I have two buckets from the 96, but thank you for the offer. Thanks!

Do you need any slider brackets, fenders, front clip etc? I have a ton of stuff I'm doing away with. And I will let you know for sure when we get closer. I'm still waiting on getting the clutch kit in the mail but ill let you know man. Thank you!

RockMJ

• 2 months later...
I received a picture of the 2nd dually MJ in the mail today. This one has the 16" Alcoa's on it ->

I remember this truck from years ago, can't remember where I saw it. JP magazine IIRC,,,,I believe its over in Hawaii.

Nice work BTW Drac! I love what you're building!

I started taking the engine and transmission out of the 86 during breaks at work this weekend. I pulled it into the shop - I wanted get out of the sun ->

The blown 2.8 ->

Use the fork lift and some chain to pull out the engine at first ->

I was not able to get the transmission off the engine, so I took them both out at once ->

And the empty engine bay ->

How does the fire wall look compared to anyone’s newer MJ/XJ? Does it look like it is already updated/clearance for the 4.0? ->

I am tired today :ack: I may try to get the bench seat out tomorrow if I have time. I am dying to see what it looks like under the carpet – TBC Rich

Suprised nobody answered you about the firewall yet, this is a picture of a firewall that will clear a 4.0. If you look on the right side of the area above the transmission tunnel, there is a "step" at the top of the newer one that allows the 4.0 to clear it, whereas on the older engine its not there, took me longer than i'd like to admit to notice the difference, but hope this helps!

I decided to get something different for the wheels on this truck - I am going to try black this time! I got these 16" American Racing ATX Series Ledge Dually 189 Wheels ->

I just need to decide on which tire to get for them :typing:

TBC

I wish it was mine! Sadly, mines an '86 with the free 4.0 firewall, the pic i posted was one that Joop showed me when i was asking about the 2.8 to 4.0 swap. Until the funds allow, I'm just putting a 2.8 back in, since its the most time and money friendly. In a couple months though, the Navy's gonna start paying for new parts :chillin:

I remember this truck from years ago, can't remember where I saw it. JP magazine IIRC,,,,I believe its over in Hawaii.

Nice work BTW Drac! I love what you're building!

Thanks CC! The one I remember from Hawaii did not have a bed :dunno: .

on ur blue mj are those the robby gorden bead locks?

Just thought that you might want to know that putting your tailgate down actually forces you to use more gas. It's because the pocket of air that the tailgate forms actually helps to push the air over the cab. The did this on mythbusters before. They took 2 identical trucks and ran the same speed with them and the one with the tailgate up went 30 mile further...... but hey if it works for ya go for it.

on ur blue mj are those the robby gorden bead locks?

Just thought that you might want to know that putting your tailgate down actually forces you to use more gas. It's because the pocket of air that the tailgate forms actually helps to push the air over the cab. The did this on mythbusters before. They took 2 identical trucks and ran the same speed with them and the one with the tailgate up went 30 mile further...... but hey if it works for ya go for it.

:cheers: My tailgate is always up. Yeah - I never saw that episode of Myth Busters. Believe it or not - I was getting slightly better MPG with the topper on :dunno: .

Found a few pieces for the interior of the truck that I needed. Picked up all the Comanche specific interior plastic ->

And a new dash with the up-country trim - >

I would love to get this one really going, but the blue truck is breaking down every week :fs1:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

.....but while it's bumped to the top... anything new on this truck?

Hello?  :D

I'm in the beginning stages of my Dually build......... got the fenders....... but not the truck.  Not yet anyway........  Jim - wanna sell me one of yours???? LOL!

• 6 months later...

I actually just spoke to Drahcir about it and told him he has competition to get the dually built! I see turning wrenches in my near future haha. I know he had gathered some more parts for it and was still on the search for an axle for out back. I believe he was still planning on going the 44 route with the adapters. 

RockMJ

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

Going to sell the complete dually kit including the rims. I just need to figure out how to save the pictures to my phone so I can post it up in the classifieds. 

Oh how come? I was look forward ur build in dually. :sad:

11 hours ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Oh how come? I was look forward ur build in dually. :sad:

I had wanted a Comanche dually since seeing my first one. I was going to make it my daily driver, but then I started my family. All my free time is invested into them now. I am glad you were looking forward to the build :L: but hopefully somebody on CC will finish the project for all of us to :drool: over. I am investing all my project money into my XJ so I can carry the kids around. I will finally finish a project lol. This one will actually be painted. Something I never had done on my other jeeps. No matter where this is sold, I will make sure that they know they have a home here at the Comanche Club.

• 2 months later...