2001 Eliminator

Jaw on floor in a pool of drool over all the goodies and execution. I am really amped up by your endeavor. Your truck is what I had in mind for mine when I first saw it in the neighbors pasture in a different light. Like, hey I've walked around/past that thing a hundred times and then- I bet that could be a great little truck! Your's proves that it can.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've got family in Tyler. Would love to scope it out and pick your brain. My wife and I own a business in Canton, and I can sometimes get away, but getting ready for the next trade days right now. Definitely want to before I make some decisions I might regret. My project will be one of these "slow builds" for awhile...too many irons in the fire.

• 11 months later...

I had to park the Comanche this past spring. The blower stopped blowing and I'm not driving in the summer heat with no A/C. Between work, other projects, and single dad duties I haven't had much time to focus on it. The 2 year old optima red top seems to have died on me and won't take a charge. Boo! Once I get a weekend to call my own, I plan on tossing a fresh battery in and getting to work on making the blower motor spin again.

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure if they are around anymore. I ditched that setup a while back in favor of a Dakota fuel tank and pump/sender. More capacity and pretty accurate reading.

Good news is everything is still working as it should and it gets driven from time to time.

14 hours ago, riverrat92 said:

Might be a little late but is copperhead Fab even around anymore can't seem to find that adapter ring for the fuel tank, thinking I might weld a 2in recess in it to compensate for the rise.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Do what Mike did.  I wish I had done the same and I still might do that one day.  Glad to see you're still around Mike!

The front is 4.5 inch Rubicon Express coils with 2 inch spacers (should have just gotten the 6.5 inch coils)  and TnT Fab long arms. YJ brake lines. And Bilstein 5100 shocks. The rear is SOA with original perches and 2wd leafs. Dakota brake line. And Bilstein 5100 shocks. 

I'll try to remember to snap a couple of current pics today! She lives in the garage on the days she's not being driven.