Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

Here's my passenger side.. Still have to lengthen the lcas and put the new trackbar and bracket in

And just for size reference here's a side shot

Lots more to do tomorrow and I'm tired of yelling and fighting with my truck :fs2:

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the old bar pins out and put them in my new nitro shocks with a little help from my grinder! :wrench: Got all my control arms the length they should be at..thanks to hornbrods post here

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... =2&t=29966 :cheers:

Made another hardline for the rear and called it a day

Just ground down both sides on one end a hair to help slide into the new bushing easier

My friend bought a hitch for his Cherokee and gave me his old rear bumper brackets so I can do a little something like this except on the front of the bed

Lift is in! Got everything bolted up brakes bled(need to do them again still air in the lines :shake: ) it droves straight as an arrow but I'm stilll going to get an alignment and lengthen my lcas a hair... Can't wait to take it to the trails!

And right after I backed out of my driveway! I was pretty freakin excited!

I still need to make a bracket for the rear prop valve and rubber brakeline as well as get a longer breather hose for the rear axle then I'm set until longarms!

Made a beach run today with a friend my local club, Also if you guys have heard of the serial killer who's been killing prostitutes from NJ and NYC and burying them at some o the beaches near my town, there were cops and medical examiners and helicopters all over today :eek: they mustve found another body or parts or something but I made it to the beach for a shakedown run none the less! Here's my pics for the day :cheers:

My friends TJ on 35s passing a water tower for the bathrooms and what not at the beaches

I bought the coils, all the control arms, track bar and bracket for 300 from a member on here and the rest I pieced together using YJ brakelines up front and a dakota line in the rear, got my perches from Jegs under the mopar section and bought my rims ad tires locally for 100 so closer to $600 which isn't bad at all if you think about it! But hopefully in the next month or so I'll have Clayton long arms and 1ton currie steering stuff :D then gears and 35s down the road and somewhere in the mist of all that bedline the bed underside and put in floorpans..... Lots to do!

Edit: forgot to mention shocks which were $ 184.34 so 780ish

Went to the beach again the other day and found this washed up on shore!

Got some artsy shots by it

Since I put the lift in I've been enjoying it although I have to adjust both pinion angles I'm getting some mild vibes on the highway and I'll be lowering it 2 inches soon so hopefully that'll help out

Got deathwobble with the gf in the pass seat today on the highwayand I think we both $#!& our pants! My pitman arm-draglink joint is shot and I think it wollewed out the pitman arm made everything worse... Shook my truck so bad my tc linkage fell out of place and my control arms are loose now :fs1: :eek: Frrrrreaking Jeep!

Exploded the ujoint in the rear driveshaft today, got a new spicer 1310 in there in just under 2 hours... Still need a new steering stabilizer, bar pin eliminators for te front shocks and a new tie rod end for the draglink-pitman arm then I'll be all set! Oh and I need new rubber!!!! I'm rolling on bologna skins :(

Jeeps getting taken off the road for a couple months while I get some work done on her! She needs alot to stay road worthy and it's hard working on it when it yours daily driver.... First I'll work out the steering kinks with curries 1ton steering kit and a harder stabilizer to help battle bumpsteer and any possible deathwobble... Ive alresdy picked up the beefier 1ton tierodends :) and soon a package from Clayton will be arriving at my front door! Some bling bling baby! Then bfg km2s in the 35inch flavor while my axles get gears and a locker up front... :brows: Still undecided on which gears to go with... 4.10s or 4.56s

Then bedline the bed undercarriage while I put in new floors and rustproof the whole thing!

I'm running 4.10's in my MJ with a 4.0 5spd but only 33's right now...runs good down the highway. Moving up to 35's and don't expect to lose much. i personally don't think changing mine to 4.56 would make that big of a difference but in your case i would just go with 4.56 and be done

• 1 month later...

My friend has a set of 4.88s he would give me but I'd be screaming down the highway! I'll prob end up getting the 4.56s and I can also get a great deal on a set of 5 35" Mtrs so well see what the future holds in store for me! But for now I have soft door pics for you guys!

Doorless :D

Just a mockup pic, the yj soft doors are about an inch too short so I'm going to either bend the pins that are welded on there with some heat or just weld pins onto those for an extension making the latch still usuable!

Made up some door pins yesterday and tacked them onto the soft doors, fits pretty good! Maybe later today I'm going to finish up the driver side! Here's pics from yesterday :wrench:

Just bent some 3/16" rod I had laying around and made the bottom a tad longer so it didn't rest on the striker.

It was really easy and if you guys want soft doors get YJ ones and make em work :D

Found my new floorboard sitting on the side of the road, I wonder why the fedex man left it there for me :hmm: :yes:

Been saving up for curries 1ton steering and balljoints should be arriving soon I hope! Then I'll order the longarms and borrow my friends 35" mtrs once I get the 4.56s and lockers installed! Almost there I can feel it!

• 3 weeks later...