Dirteatrs Thin Wallet Build... TRUGGY TIME

I never officially made a build thread but I have been taking pictures of stuff as I went along , here's the story behind it. My dad bought it off the lot in late 1989 and has had it in the driveway since as a toy hauler/ weekend bagel retriever until I was old enough to drive and now I daily drive it, as of today it has 110,855.5 miles and I've been collecting parts for a 6.5" lift and 33s as I'm a poor college kid. Here's what it looked like a couple years ago

Then I lifted it with 2" pucks and greasable shackles

As it sits with 235s and the 2" lift after a day at the beach

I've been doing little things to it since then like flowmaster super 44 muffler and h4 headlight upgrade that I still need to install the harness. I also replaced the interior dome lights with the ones from euramatec and put blue leds in them and I made the same cup holder as the one in the DIY section on here

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the only pic of the headlights I have( recently taken )

Notice the black hood I had painted awhile back, this is what it looked like before :ack:

and I had cragar soft 8s but couldn't get them to balance well so I sold them. here's what it looked like with em on while I had a fun day of driving off pavement 8)

60360_464725397958_643942958_6635214_670529_n.jpg

Like many others on here I also drive around like Fred Flintstone :wall:

I also have a fuse panel problem :fs1: one of the pins that holds the fuse in brokeoff and I go through fuses like taco bell food goes through well ya-know

Here's what I have for the lift and 33s so far

- 4.5" coils

- Adjustable upper and lower control arms

- Rustys adj trackbar and bracket

Thanks again Sinkrun!

- YJ brakelines up front, need to get dakota rear and get swaybar disconnects or make a set

- 33/12.5/15 wild country tires, got all 5 used with about 45% left for $80 big ones... They came with 6-lug d-window rims for a chevy that I'm selling locally

And since I know you guys like pics here's more!

And when I brought the new to me tires home jamminz.gif

Here's what I have for the lift and 33s so far

- 4.5" coils

- Adjustable upper and lower control arms

- Rustys adj trackbar and bracket

Thanks again Sinkrun!

- YJ brakelines up front, need to get dakota rear and get swaybar disconnects or make a set

- 33/12.5/15 wild country tires, got all 5 used with about 45% left for $80 big ones... They came with 6-lug d-window rims for a chevy that I'm selling locally

And since I know you guys like pics here's more!

And when I brought the new to me tires home jamminz.gif

I'm officialy jalous of your adjustable control arms :fs2:

• 3 weeks later...

Put my Camaro all back together in 5 hours on Tuesday and today it's moving outta the driveway and making room for the Manche!!!! I just need shocks, rims and swaybar discos and a rear brakeline... I'll pickup the 95 Dakota brakeline today(hopefully) within a couple weeks it should be a totally different truck :wrench:

Ps I'm selling the camaro, any takers :P

Nope I've been keeping an eye on it, it was a old problem that came back to haunt me... My dad had a aftermarket deck installed years ago and the guy put the hot lead into the tailight fuse spot because when you turn the truck on the radio would be on... But one of holding pins is missing causing it to arch to the next fuse spot :mad: Just another gremlin...

Welp after gathering up enough courage to take a dremel to my hinges I started cutting so I could be doorless during the summer months and I also bought a set of YJ soft half doors awhile back and I cleaned them up a bit, I have to finish up the hinge and beat the pins out..... Such a pain but I don't want to take the torx bolts off and have to realign the doors...

Here's a mock up pic of the soft doors in place :help: