Turn Signal Socket Replacement

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 8:04 PM, Jayrodisking08 said:

I'm having a lil issues due to my wires color being a little different the colors on the vehicle is brown black and green

yeah, the wire colors changed over the years. :(  but a multimeter should be able to tell you which is which. :L: 

Get 3157 bulb sockets from a later model XJ. Use a test light to determine wire function. Solder and heat shrink the connections. Install 3157 led bulbs with dielectric grease. Snap new socket into housing. Do the same for the tail lights. Never look back

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, 88 Pioneer 4.0 said:

All the car parts sites I'm looking at say the Dorman P/N 84716 will not fit my 88 MJ Pioneer 4.0L. Are they wrong?

I just matched mine to what they had at the parts store. Bought one from Napa and one from AutoZone I believe. If recall correctly they said they fit a Ford.

On 1/18/2011 at 4:05 PM, 89Tonto said:

What did the socket cost you? Local Carquest wanted $21.15 for one. :mad: Has to be a bad price!!!!

Found on internet for $3.99 + shipping. Who knows how many they have for that cost. Ordered 3, just in case. :thumbsup:

No, for CarQuest, who are now Advance Auto, that's a correct price. Gotta understand, they're paying loads of overhead just to stock it for you if you need it right now.

• 2 months later...