B-pillar light alternative...

I placed the order for these lights via e-mail last week and just got them in the mail today. Definitely pretty good quality lights and 'switch' feel is solid. Total price came out to be a little under $15 shipped for each light. Thanks again for the info!

$15 shipped not to bad a price.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

euramtec sell them on Ebay also for 16 shipped

Ebay item # 120710681184

Or in LED from the factory for 18.50 shipped

Ebay item # 121103324179

I have the same light on the classified/for sale forum, pair(2) lights $23.24 shipped. Don't have the Festoon LED bulb but they can be bought pretty cheap. 

euramtec sell them on Ebay also for 16 shipped

Ebay item # 120710681184

Or in LED from the factory for 18.50 shipped

Ebay item # 121103324179

I have the same light on the classified/for sale forum, pair(2) lights $23.24 shipped. Don't have the Festoon LED bulb but they can be bought pretty cheap. 

Awesome. Will look more at my MJ I just picked up and see why mine don't work as well as my dash lights.

• 2 weeks later...

got mine for $23.24 shipped with bulbs on ebay. It was a good day

Got mine installed. the wiring is as follows

Red: This goes on the outside on the terminal that is not linked to the middle one

Black with white tracer: This is the middle wire

Black: this is the outside terminal linked to the middle terminal.

I found this out 3 fuses later. My gift to you

• 10 months later...

I received these lights today. they look great.  my wiring was a different color then above but I figured it out.  the old lights were brittle and would not turn on with the door.  the new work as they should. both up and down turn them on and when in center they turn on with the door. thanks for the thread I was just dealing with it b4 I found this.

• 4 years later...

I think there are other threads on this, but another option is to use the rear cargo light from an S10 Blazer (circa 88-90).  The opening in the B-pillar must be opened up slightly on both the length (1/8") and height (1/16").  Splice in the connector for the light and you are good to go.  These have a rocker switch for on/off and also come on when the door is opened.  I think they look really good.

IMG_7578.jpg

IMG_7582.jpg

4 minutes ago, schardein said:

I think there are other threads on this, but another option is to use the rear cargo light from an S10 Blazer (circa 88-90).  The opening in the B-pillar must be opened up slightly on both the length (1/8") and height (1/16").  Splice in the connector for the light and you are good to go.  These have a rocker switch for on/off and also come on when the door is opened.  I think they look really good.

IMG_7578.jpg

IMG_7582.jpg

These are great. I have them in my 89 and I think they're actually a little brighter than the Euramtec ones. Bonus points for the splice haters among us - these lights use a 3-pin Molex connector that's still available, so you don't necessarily have to splice a pigtail in!

4 minutes ago, Minuit said:

These are great. Bonus points for the splice haters among us - these lights use a 3-pin Molex connector that's still available, so you don't necessarily have to splice a pigtail in!

Pic of the backside with wiring pigtails.  

Jeremy, are you saying cut off the stock connector and crimp on the proper molex terminals, then use the proper molex 3 pin housing?  Never thought of doing it that way.

IMG_8420.JPG

Just now, schardein said:

Jeremy, are you saying cut off the stock connector and crimp on the proper molex terminals, then use the proper molex 3 pin housing?  Never thought of doing it that way.

That is correct. If I could find out what the stock connector was, I'd try to source the female end of it and make an adapter first, but knowing Jeep, the stock connector is something weird and no longer available. I'd love to be proven wrong on that though. I can't actually figure that out for myself, because neither of my trucks have the stock connector anymore.

1 minute ago, Minuit said:

That is correct. If I could find out what the stock connector was, I'd try to source the female end of it and make an adapter first, but knowing Jeep, the stock connector is something weird and no longer available. I'd love to be proven wrong on that though. I can't actually figure that out for myself, because neither of my trucks have the stock connector anymore.

The factory connector plugged directly into the light.  That doesn't mean a female end isn't available (actually, male terminal end, in this case), but I don't think one is.  That would be something to research, though.  (sorry for the blurry second pic)

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_7300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 11:11 AM, Swampy said:

anyone have a wiring diagram for the interior lights?

Not sure if this will help, but there are three wires:

12+. hot all the time

Ground

Ground through the door pin

The lights have power all the time and are controlled through the ground circuit.  The regular ground is for the rocker switch on the light.  The other ground is through the door pin, so when the door is opened, the light comes on.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, RustyRodder said:

Any suggestions on a new source of replacement lights?  I'm having trouble finding any (and no older S10s in the NE scrapyards)

Got mine installed last month.  I upgraded the bulb with LEDs.  Lights up the cab almost as bright as welder flash.

euramte3c.jpg.3ff778fe2aa646d0e548c632bb07014b.jpg.0391ffdfc94f83581790482ced910ae2.jpg

On 3/5/2019 at 11:34 AM, RustyRodder said:

Any suggestions on a new source of replacement lights?  I'm having trouble finding any (and no older S10s in the NE scrapyards)

there are a few options for new/junkyard LED replacements in the link in my sig. :L: 

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, Pete M said:

Searched Euramtec on Ebay and they popped right up - Ebay Item # 121059797132

• 7 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 1:15 PM, HOTPHOTO389MJ said:

Where did you find yours ? Are they same size as MJ B-Piilar lights ? Painted or Chrome ?

that post was from 10 years ago, I doubt the same source is still available. :( 

But this was just posted in the classifieds. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, RustyRodder said:

They still have them here http://www.infiniteinnovations.com/main.asp?p=4_179 go to the lighting section, accent & mood, and they will be in the incandescent section. I think 5 or 6 products down.