Anyone looking for bed-side Patch Panels?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have a short bed ya won't find any, Few places have long bed panels but not many.

There is little after market support for the MJ-Comanche body repair wise, lots of support on the parts that interchange with the XJ-Cherokee ;-)

Mike

• 1 month later...
if you're just looking to fix the rusted out wheel well they would work.

someone needs to bug him more for a smaller patch panel that covers just the typical wheel well rust. :fs2:

I had my shop at work bend me the small patch panel needed to go above the wheel.well. cost me $10 in metal and I can fix both side now. If you measure out the angles, it a pretty easy patch to make

• 4 months later...

I got a message yesterday (9/13/2011) from a company that claims they are going to start producing Comanche bedsides in the next few months. The company is called Classic 2 Current Fabrication and you can view their webiste at www.c2cfabrication.com

My 1988 id badly in need of long bedsides so I am anxiouxly waiting.

Unless someone out there has some now?????

• 1 month later...

I've been talking to Zach from Z&M Jeeps and will be ordering a pair this week! (don't steal mine!) I also tried to contact C2C since I got my floor pans form them, but I never heard back from them either so maybe it's just a rumor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got my jeep back from the body shop. Course it was dark when I went to pick it up and then snowing, and of course the roads are salted so from day 1 the rust attack begins. :fs1:

IMG9384DxO-L.jpg

Anyway, not a job for the faint of heart (or wallet). These are not plug-and-play replacements, they will require quite a bit of work. If your fenders are totally rusted out you should expect the wheel wells to be as well, which will need to be fabbed. Once I get out from under the snow and get it cleaned off I'll take some more pics.

Between the floor pans, rocker panels (inner and outer), doors, and the bedside panels, it turns out to be a very expensive way to save an MJ from the junkyard. :cry:

• 3 months later...