Anyone looking for bed-side Patch Panels?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup 2 cuts the are long and have to be dead on !

So I would have to take them in to be cut which is extra $ !

Now for short quick cut I could simple make a patch panel from one of my dented front fenders n be Cash money ahead with the same looking finished product !

Mike

If i had major damage done to my box i would buy the panels and cut them to fit no worries, i may still do so . . . If my fender patch idea doesn't look as nice as i want . . .

I was more or less fishin for a discount cause i'm poor :help:

Mike

Depending on how they are made, it'd might be more work to make a smaller one. plus as I understand it, the sides are made up in batches and so are sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting for your call. :D

It would be awesome if they made a small patch panel for the typical flare rust. jamminz.gif

That would be sweet cause that's the part I need, shockingly this truck has light rust. On the outside of the bed.

The part where its say jeep on the front end has a few little holes other wise the front clip is rust free but its banged up !

Both fenders are bent at in front of and right behind the wheel flares on both sides.

The cab how ever just completely rotted floor cab corners rockers . . . . the floor i patched, but i'll be ripping the whole floor out and ordering the complete replacement floor along with the rest of the cab parts . . .

I want the truck nice looking, solid and strong :cheers:

Must be the design of the truck ? Cab out rots the rest of it ?

after the repower i'll have to much new stuff into the truck not to finish it off right :thumbsup:

Mike

our trucks tend to rot from the inside-out. water drain holes in the rockers and doors get plugged with debris, or water gets under the carpet, or as you're experiencing, dirt accumulates on that ledge behind the rear fender and that attracts moisture which rots the bedsides. :(

:bowdown: I did fix the 2 holes that was hiding under the carpet :thumbsup:

:wall: But i only repaired the 2 rust holes :fs1: due to time but i will be ripping that up and replacing the whole floor :thumbsup:

So i'll definitely be buying all of the cab repair parts listed on this new site . . . :clapping: :yes:

Mike

Just as I was feeling down about "ye old rust bucket", this topic has picked me up. I can tell I'll be dumping a lot of money in Zach's direction within the next year haha. I'll be getting the bed sides, floor pans, rocker panels, and cab corners if he has 'em.

I'm kind of nervous about doing body work because I've never welded or anything. My dad has a couple of different welders up at his place, one's run off gas and the other is electric I believe. I'm not so worried about the floor panels (which resembles the flinstones) :rotf: I'm more worried about the cab corners.

:bowdown: all of those except cab corners can be had . . . nobody offers any of them yet you'll have to build your own . . .

I wounder what a batch of cab corners costs ? maybe i could buy 1 set of cab corners for the price of a whole batch ? . . .

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to know the same thing . . . Some body some place has of made a batch of cab corners . . . I wonder if i could have the local Fab shop make me a set of them, maybe stamp out a few set's of them :hmm: If i got enough I might not go homeless this winter :idea:

:rotfl2: Saved by rusty rotten MJ's :yes: wouldn't that be a story for the ages . . .

Mike

• 4 months later...