Wanting metal Tail light boxes? Possible group buy?

Its officially been scrapped.

That sucks...

I was seriously waiting for these. They said its because nobody bought the bumpers or sliders. I never really liked the rear bumper they made and i couldnt afford the sliders. Oh well.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its officially been scrapped.

That sucks...

I was seriously waiting for these. They said its because nobody bought the bumpers or sliders. I never really liked the rear bumper they made and i couldnt afford the sliders. Oh well.

Yep,

I try not to say something that could be viewed as negative about companies on the boards, so I did not react when I thought they made a strange move, or two,

but (even though I'm in a completely different business), I never outright say 'NO' to a customer.

If they want something non-typical, I explain how the work usually goes,

and if it would cost more, delay the job, or effect the outcome, I make sure they know that before they decide what they want me to do.

I almost never exclude doing something a certain way, or outright say 'it can't be done',

if it's in the scope of work that I do, I'm capable of doing the job, while making money, why would I turn away work?

Low volume & custom work costs extra, it always has.

I could see a fab shop saying $xx more & x week delay for a certain item,

but turning their backs completely immediately after a (justifiable) customer complaint about the bumper does ring of 'taking their ball and going home'.

Honestly, if all this was in the plans (dropping MJ stuff), before the bumper complaint, it probably would've looked better for them to delay the drop, so it wouldn't look like a reactive impulse move.

Most MJ owners have other Jeeps too, so a negative reaction from those customers might not just effect the sales of those MJ parts.

All that said (and I know it was allot ;) )

they do have a business to run, and if the MJ parts were really dragging them down,

sometimes you have to do what you have to do to remain profitable.

If you guys are still interested i may be able to talk to my dad's friend and see if his machine shop could make something similar. either way i'll be goin down to his shop in the next few days after i put my new radiator in so i can actually make it w/o overheating and talking to him about making me a pair. if there is still interest let me know

I just got my sliders Monday, they look really nice, top notch quality as are most if not all things from JCRoffroad. I guess I have the only set for LWB other than the prototype built a year ago for another member on here. Sad to see the support disappear from a great company for these trucks only a year after getting into the game. Looks like MOR is the only company to produce LWB sliders right now, and there design doesn't tie in as well as the JCR ones do/did.