Comanche of the month, Dec 2009 --- HORNBROD's 1991

Congrats :thumbsup: and........in the 3th or 4th picture, there seams to be a fly running around on your front chrome bumper :hmm:

Keep up the bright.......ah, er, good work :cheers:

Fly? What fly?? :rotfl2:

The feeling is mutual Bob. You are truly one of the premiere members on this board and I don't know of anyone with more well-rounded MJ knowledge that spans all the years of our trucks, or anyone who always shares their expertise (and parts) w. everyone. :thumbsup:

Whew, now that that's over we'll go back to ragging each other mate. Both online and back channel. :cheers:

I did this back in 07, and the below is what I posted then. Still using the same setup. I'm sure the prices have increased since then as everything else has, but the improvement over the stock sealed beams was literally night and day. :D

"Here's how I did mine w. costs. Got the Hella 200mm H4 e-code glass lamp shells from Susquehanna Motor Sports ($34/ea). Then picked up from eBay four IPF 80w/60w H4 bulbs ($10 w. shipping, but you can used any wattage H4 bulb you want) and wired in a universal APC 4-lamp wiring harness w. relays (much cheaper than the 2-lamp, just cut off the extra two H4 sockets, Ebay, $9 w. shipping) which fit my MJ perfectly. Then put in a separate fuse block mounted near the PDC on the right fender well and fused the high and low beams separately w. 20A fuses."

HTH

there's no real reason to have to keep the original post separate from the comments if later cleanliness is the concern. as mods we can copy it at any time and paste them together to keep a cleaner "MJs of the Month" thread once we have more than one in the bag. :thumbsup:

In my head I was picturing a sticky thread with the old MJotM rigs, and a separate sticky thread with the most recent one, and floating posts in the ether with the past MJotMs and their discussions. I'm not sure I want a whole 'nuther forum. we should be able to handle it within the framework we have. Oh, and the thread with the past MJotMs will have links to the old discussions should anyone have comments later on.

Nothing is set in stone so keep the comments coming. :cheers:

• Pete M unpinned and featured this topic
  • Pete M pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...