CAD fix #1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to attempt the "easier" version of the fix suggested by Bounty Hunter earlier in the thread where you slide the collar over and install the cover upside down so that the fork holds the collar in place instead of the little c-clip. Either way seems easy enough, just not sure what the wires do. I guess I'm nervous that the clip may not be strong enough to hold the collar in place semi-permanently.

• 2 years later...
On 8/22/2012 at 9:45 AM, Pete M said:

no. 4wd is still controlled by your t-case lever. :thumbsup: this mod simply makes your 2-piece axle shaft into a 1 piece axle shaft. The CAD was a well-meaning attempt by Jeep to try and gain MPGs and reduce wear. Too bad it does neither and just causes headaches for owners. :shake: all Jeeps after the early 90s have a one-piece axle shaft (with the 95 YJ being the last one).

Thank you Pete, just clicked in my brain :drool:

• 1 month later...

I know I need tires, but these vibrations are new as of the cad fix. The ujoints are pretty bad shape from just looking at them. I just concerned it's either the tcase or diff. That would be a great way to top off my bad luck lately.