• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how tall you are (I seem to remember you mentioning it somewhere in this thread, I just don't remember), but are you going to be able to have your seat back far enough and still have enough legroom with the cage where it is? It looks kinda far away from the back of the cab.

12 hours ago, neohic said:

Does that main hoop fit with the interior plastics and trim still installed also?

No, the main hoop was part of the rock hard kit I bought and I think they made it a little too big, there was no way I was getting it in there with the interior panels installed.

I considered fixing it but I'm leaning towards leaving the plastic out, it has kind of a race truck feel.

12 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I don't know how tall you are (I seem to remember you mentioning it somewhere in this thread, I just don't remember), but are you going to be able to have your seat back far enough and still have enough legroom with the cage where it is? It looks kinda far away from the back of the cab.

I'm 6' tall.

The new seats are much thinner than the Dakota seats I had in there which helps a lot, I actually have to move the seat forward a little.

It might be hard to tell but some of the tubes are bent to allow the seats to go back a little further.

Finished tacking everything up and started pulling the cage for welding, in the process I managed to knock out the back window, luckily I have a spare.

I got the cage out and welded then primed it and painted it with bedliner.

It's now back in the truck and bolted in place.

20211218_141423.jpg

20211218_141556.jpg

20211218_155329.jpg

20211218_161234.jpg

20211219_115320.jpg

1 hour ago, 89eliminator said:

is it a weird camera trick, or are the top two rear "X" bars not mirrored bend wise?

They are a little different,  I bent them based on how the seats sit in the truck.

It looks a little wierd without the seats installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on another supercharged 2.5l for my YJ, so I've been bouncing between projects but, I finally cut out the windshield and finished removing the rear window. 

I've got a few little things to do inside then hopefully I will be done messing with the interior for a while.

20211231_154647.jpg

20211226_155036.jpg

• 2 weeks later...