• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the truck to Elbe Hills OHV park,The MJ performed great. I got a little body damage but Elbe is famous for body damage so I think I came out pretty good.

Here is a link to the trip report,lots of pics and a few videos of the MJ in action.

http://www.naxja.net/forum/showthread.php?p=245765511#post245765511

I got home from Elbe,unloaded the MJ and hooked up the trac bar,mud flaps,and aired up the tirethen took off to Vancouver,WA for the No roads required 4X4 show.

http://www.naxja.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1090992

No,both are stock length.

It worked out pretty well in the rear,what I lost from the lift I got back with the D44 swap due to the longer housing.

I did run it for a few years SOA with the D35 and stock shaft with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rock slider details. I see them in your recent pics but didn't see any details of how you built them.

Do you have any pics or information of how you reinforced the "frame" after the bob? It looks like you chopped out the section where the rear of the X crossmember rejoins the "framerails".

Thanks,

Willy

I took out 16" which put me just after the X so it was still structurally sound. The rear bumper is part of the suspension so it is tied into the rear unit frame as well.

The sliders are c channel that I basically just welded over the existing rockers.they are tied in at the pinch seam and the body, at the bed I plated the unit frame and they are attached by c channel stand offs and the bed is notched around them so it can be removed still.

I battle tested them at Elbes rock gardens and they performed great.

here's a pic with one kinda mocked up, I finished them in a hurry to get ready for a run so I didnt get many pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a chance to play with the winch today and it performed great although I think I'm going to remove a wrap off the drum. With as tight I have it tucked in there its sometimes hard to keep track of how its winding so I think loosing a wrap will help with piece of mind.

The brackets were a prototype bracket a local builder had made, something went wrong when he designed them and they came out all wrong and were unusable so I re engineered a set and made them work. By the time i was done I could have just as easily made them from scratch.

So basically I made them .

Today I finally got my electric fans wired up, got my wireless winch control hooked up and installed some LED license plate lights.

I wired the fans to a TS155 temp switch, should turn on around 212º and off around 192º. I'm hoping that works good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project