I haven't updated this in forever.

The MJ is now running 4.88s and locked front and rear. I trussed the front axle and finally got the D44 and disc brakes built and installed as well as a dual diaphram brake booster.

I also bobbed about 16" off the bed.

Its not done but getting there,I've driven it a little and the truck is much happier with the new gears.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good. any plans to ditch the rear axle shock mounts?

Eventually they will go I just wanted to get it together. I don't want to give up any travel so the shocks will go into the bed,but that's another project for later.

Got my hyd hand brake installed and all hooked up.

It works awesome with the new disc brakes,it will ratchet and work as a park brake or I can disable the ratchet and use it to hold on a hill or obsticle.

Now that I have brakes again I was able to drive around a bit and check out the new gears,with 4.88s its like a different truck.

Thanks. The bed turned out pretty good,the hardest part was blending the inside of the bed.

I don't care for having my springs so far behind the truck but I guess I have to live with it till I can get around to linking the rear.

Thanks. The bed turned out pretty good,the hardest part was blending the inside of the bed.

I don't care for having my springs so far behind the truck but I guess I have to live with it till I can get around to linking the rear.

yeah believe it or not I just noticed the springs lol. Yeah linking it would fix that. Or what about using XJ springs. they are 5.5" shorter. You would probably have to flop them to get the right wheelbase. Just a thought.

I considered it,I've got a few sets of XJ packs laying around. Problem with the shorter pack is I will lose some flex and I already don't like how the rear flex's vs the front.

This is true. I didnt think about that. Then I guess linking it is the way to go!

I wanted to go from C to C but didn't want to go through the trouble of going on top of the axle since its temporary.

I have a HP D44 waiting to be retubed,I plan to build a nice truss on top when I build the 4 link mounts.

The truss seems to work well,and the loss of clearance isn't as much as I thought it would be but we will see when I get into the rocks.

• 2 weeks later...
The stock lights are in pretty bad shape. I will have to look at it but I'm thinking it got broken more since I took it off.

If it aint in too bad of shape I might buy the passenger side one from that is if you don't want an arm and leg for. All I need is the Passenger side. Its that or I'm doing LED housings like yours. How hard were they to make btw?

I will look at it,if its useable you can have it for whatever shipping is.

The rear armor/light housings were fairly easy to make but I have a pretty well set up shop.

thanks man. Yeah I'm just working out of the garage. Did you just bend the plate around the corner or cut, weld and grind?

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project