The gears will be a plus for sure , I really like the way it changed my truck , I'm using 3rd , 4th and 5th a whole lot more but it picks up the tires no problem almost to the point of tearing up my 31"s

I need 33's so bad .

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Man great truck! I love the headliner! Mine is falling down (again...) so that's on the soon to fix list. I had considered doing the 3D JEEP logo up top, but decided to keep it simple and faster and get it back in the truck cuz it was loud. I am also looking at the RRO 5 inch lift, was seeing how you like the ride. How do the shocks work with the springs? Anything you don't like? What DO you like? I also love the Dakota seats! It seems there is plenty of room for the midsize truck's seat arrangement. keep us updated on how the MJ, and you are doing! I will hopefully get my "build" thread up soon to share image_209027.gif Good job again, really like the truck

Man great truck! I love the headliner! Mine is falling down (again...) so that's on the soon to fix list. I had considered doing the 3D JEEP logo up top, but decided to keep it simple and faster and get it back in the truck cuz it was loud. I am also looking at the RRO 5 inch lift, was seeing how you like the ride. How do the shocks work with the springs? Anything you don't like? What DO you like? I also love the Dakota seats! It seems there is plenty of room for the midsize truck's seat arrangement. keep us updated on how the MJ, and you are doing! I will hopefully get my "build" thread up soon to share image_209027.gif Good job again, really like the truck

the JEEP logo on my headliner only took a few extra min to make.

The RRO lift is an ok place to start if your new to jeeps but over time you will change it,If you are already familiar with the MJ/XJ you can build a better lift,currently i only have the shocks,SOA kit and track bar on my truck.every thing else has been replaced

the springs and shocks work well,they use OME springs which are excellent springs the only problem is they are 3" springs with spacers on top of them to get 5",i ended up replacing them with some RC 6.5" lift coils to level out the truck better and the OME springs are going on my XJ to replace the stock coils w/spacers setup thats on it now.

the kit doesnt come with control arms,it will drive without them but you will want to put them on your todo list as it puts your arms at a very steep angle and pulls the tires back,my 33s rubbed bad before trimming.

with my new arms there is plenty of room.

The RRO lift was a good place for me to start,it was cheap and got my truck lifted and i could drive it while i figured out what i was doing and put together my own combination.

COOL mj man :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Just added a new accessory to the MJ.

thats how it looked when i took it home,now it has been cleaned up and all the paint removed.

Its a 17' Grumman ultra light. I picked up the canoe,two paddles,and the roof rack for $100 jamminz.gif

:banana:

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated in a while, I converted to yj steering to get me by till I do something better. The angle on the passenger side joint bothered me with the stock y link.

I also trimmed the front fenders so now I can steer at full flex.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Its coming along pretty good. Hopefully I will be able to order my new gears soon,I'm in worse shape then you currently as mine is a 4cyl 4spd giving me 3.55 gears.

Still gets around pretty good even with the crappy gear ratio

I have no idea. I ran into a friend of the wifes on the christmas tree run and he asked if I wanted some old flairs off an XJ his brother used to have.

He told me he thought they were stock and I could have them,I had the wife pick them up and those are what she brought home.

I also got a factory skid plate from him for the XJ for $10

nice that looks awesome. i got the 4 cyl 5spd with i think 3.55 so its about the same i think. your tires are bigger. mines extremely doggy right now. i think the cat is plugged. thats next is an exhaust. any ideas anyone??????

really? ill have to check that out. it Just seems too doggy to have 4.10 but ill check it out. I'm cutting the exhaust hopefully tomorrow if I'm not too busy.

you got any measurements from making your control arm drop brackets?? I'm looking to install some in the near future.

• 1 month later...

Well I drug this home yesterday

I can finally get rid of the D35,it also means I can get my gears and lockers. I've been waiting because I wasn't about to dump the money on my D35.

I also picked up some disc brake conversion brackets for the 44 so that should be a nice upgrade as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project