I'm interested in learning mor about that external voltage regulator. I have a 136A WJ alt I want to toss onto my 88.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It's pretty simple really, there's also many write ups and videos about the conversion.

You can find kits with wiring and all for $50-$60, or source the parts yourself for around $20, even less if you can snag a used regulator and plug.

b0125e11.jpg

It will be a minute, I've still got a ton of research to do,i also still need to get the Continental out of the garage to make room for the MJ.

I did order some IDC40 ribbon cables to build the adapter to make the Speeduino plug into the 91 MJ harness, once i make it, i will have the boy design and 3d print a housing to attach the connector to the housing i got to hold the Speeduino.

I also got the 36-1 trigger wheel ordered to put on the crank since the Speeduino can't read either of the available 2.5l trigger patterns off the flywheel, (FYI there is code to support the 4.0l HO pattern so it will be easier for someone to convert a 4.0l.)

Wow. That is one awesome rig you have built there. Just got done reading through the whole build. Keep up the awesome work. Can't wait to see it with the stand alone.