• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few minutes to mess with the MJ,i took out the stock rod for the master cylinder and made a longer one from the 1/4"-28tpi bolt i picked up.

After getting the booster bolted back on i decided to bleed out the front curcuit as a test,the rear circuit is capped off since i haven't ran new lines back there yet.

After fighting with a siezed bleeder that snapped off i got it bled out and everything seems to work fine,now to hook up the rear circuit and the hydraulic hand brake then the truck will be ready to stop its new tires.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the boy and I spent some.time on the MJ this weekend,its been a while since any progress was made.

we got the limit strap in on the front axle,finshed the transmission mount and finally got the upper control arm mount finished.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's getting close,I need to plumb the rear brakes,wire the batteries,and hook up the cable shifter to the cases then I should be able to drive it a little.

I also looked at the supercharger fitment,that's going to be an adventure but I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out.

Got the batteries mostly wired up,the main positive is just roughed in but everything else is done.

Once the postive run is hooked up i will be able to just hit the key and start the truck,it's been a long time since I've been able to do that.

I got the cable shifters hooked up and the hydraulic hand brake mounted,with the tummy tuck it is hard to work underneath so i ended up cutting into the tunnel more,now to hook up the rear brake circuit and i shoukd be ready to seal the floor back up. The plan is to build a new section of tunnel with removable access points.

I tossed the seats in and it looks like i can keep my retractable cup holders,I need to put some oil in the transfer cases and differentials then i should be able to drive the truck.

Hopefully soon,for now it runs so i can get everything else done.

I used 95 YJ parts for the multiport swap,the supercharger is for a TJ and apparently they changed some stuff between 95 and 97. I will have to relocate the power steering pump before i can install the intercooler,i have a TJ bracket and pump so hopefully it bolts on to the YJ stuff.

Once i do that i can make the adapter to bolt it to the intake since it's missing from my kit.

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project