• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Scrapped the getto fab drive shaft idea,just took measurements to have proper driveshafts built.

Today i took advantage of the new coil overs and redid my track bar,i was able to add quite a bit of length to it so everything will cycle better and i won't get steering issues when i flex like most over the axle track bar set ups tend to do.

They are 14" Fox,they came in on a buggy build at the shop so I'm not sure what springs are on there.

Basically i just tossed them on the way i got them and they sat my truck around 7",i still need to tear them down and rebuild them.

We were using the forklift to move the MJ,the forklift was pretty stable even while driving.

I wasn't in the truck but i imagine i could have been,I was on the ground keeping watch while my brother was driving the forklift.

Now on to brakes,i have 1 ton Ford dual piston front calipers on the D44 and Chevy 1 ton front calipers on the D60,the stock master isn't going to be adequate.

Since i already have a dual diaphragm booster in the truck i decided to go with a Dodge 2500/3500 master cylinder which is nearly bolt on with my later booster.

Here is the stock Jeep and Dodge masters side by side,the larger one bolted right on and with some minor tweaking the lines even fit it,i will still need to remove it again and build a spacer for the actuator rod inside the booster but that will be pretty easy.

Late 90s Dodge 2500/3500,not sure specific years. I believe this one is a 98.

Basically you unthread the piece in the end of the booster and put in a longer one,most people Just find a longer bolt that threads in,cut the head off and round it off to fit the master cyl.

its a 1/4" 28tpi bolt and it needs to be around 7/8" longer.

To do this you must have the later dual diaphragm booster.

stock master is a 15/16" bore,stock dual diaphram booster has a 1" bore,the 3500 booster is 1 1/4",you can also use a Durango which is 1 1/8".

For the stock single diaphragm booster we have been using a master for a Mercury Marquis with rear disc brakes,its 1 1/18" and seems to work pretty well on my brothers MJ with 1ton disc on all 4 corners.

• mnkyboy changed the title to Mnkyboys 89 Comanche project