first annual SE meet and greet, Virginia

mjeff87

I sort of have a thread going on this in the Pub, but I'll toss it in here as well. Some of y'all know my wife and I are building a new house....it's coming along quite well and we're shooting for a mid to late June close and move-in. I can't give a specific date yet, but I'd like to invite anyone to the move-in party at the new place, which is roughly 1.2 minutes away from our place now :D

We need as many hands as we can get, plus trailers/MJ's or anything you can haul crap in. My goal is to have everything moved in three hours at the most, and then party down. I'll feed you FAT (just ask Wahoo....), beer and/or soda you up, and generally show you and yours a great time. I'm thinking filet mignon, ribs, chicken, and shrimps on the grill (may throw a pork shoulder in the smoker too) and more booze than you can shake a stick at. The two biggest things that need hauled are a 37" console TV from hell, and our new refrigerator.....all of the rest of the appliances are staying (got all new ones in the new house already). I've already got all my Jeep crap moved out to a storage facility down the road, so we don't have to fool with any of it, but we do have a ton of boxes and furniture to go.

Location is Chester, VA which is about 20 miles south of downtown Richmond, VA. Our subdivision is very easy to get to, we're right off I95 about 3 minutes. If anyone wants to make a junkyard run too, bring your toolbox and your wallet.

Be there or be talked about ;)

Jeff

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel silly about how excited I am over this ~ and I hate moves :yes: . I have been ready for this all year :D . I just need the final date to turn in to the "powers that be." I can bring moving dollies if needed. - Rich

Isn't Virginia in the mid-atlantic region? Should I just nix the mid-atlantic forum?

geographically speaking, yes....along with probably NJ, DE, and PA possibly. But, I'm pretty far south in VA (about an hour from the NC border) and align myself with the southeast moreso.

Seein' as how noone has posted in the mid-atlantic subforum yet, I'd say the Jersey and PA boys (and girls) are probably considering themselves northeast. Maybe there isn't a need for a mid-atlantic group.....

Rich.....we're thinking it's gonna be the weekend of either the 20th or 27th, but nothing is set in concrete yet (except my driveway LOL). As soon as I get a firm close date, I'll post up ;) .

JT......where you at in NC? For reference, I'm exactly 2 hours from Raleigh/Durham, give or take 30 seconds or so. If you can swing a daytrip, I'll make it worth your while, I promise :yes:

I was planning on coming up that way for the batteau festival and floating down the James, but thats more toward the end of June. Crap... I could make it I'm pretty sure, just jump in the truck and drive.. Bad thing is I'm trying to buy me a house and land too....... ughhhhh When is the official date? I'm about 4 hours from South Boston, 3 hours from Durham..... Not to far, I've made longer trips for less...

just talked to the contract construction manager.....it's really looking like the weekend of the 20th (sorry Greg :( ). Barring any catastrophies, our final walkthru is scheduled for the 11th, and depending on how much crap I find wrong or that needs fixing, we should be closing on the 16-17th. That'll give me a couple days to get in there and put down the floor kit on the garage floor (complete with the ghey rainbow speckles) :D

Now we just have to nail the finance rate and lock.....we're targeting 4.0%, and buying 2-3 points on top of that jamminz.gif

Jeff

Juney-juney-june....

Hell yeah I might be able to make that!! I think we're floating on the 23rd, so I can leave a few ahead and drop by and taste all the hype wahooie speaks of... Want me to bring anything if I can make it??

well so far the list is....

my bro and sis in law from PA

my Mopar nut neighbor

my Chevelle nut neighbor

Pat (pingpong)

Jerry (tjbliley)

Chuck (cmcolfax)

Greg (Wahoo)....maybe

Rich (drachir495)

a buddy of mine and his wife from Suffolk

Benzo, and hopefully a few others from Richmond Jeepers

and a few friends from work

(and Hornbrod, if I can shame him into coming back up to VA for a visit :yes: )

:clapping:

well so far the list is....

my bro and sis in law from PA

my Mopar nut neighbor

my Chevelle nut neighbor

Pat (pingpong)

Jerry (tjbliley)

Chuck (cmcolfax)

Greg (Wahoo)....maybe

Rich (drachir495)

a buddy of mine and his wife from Suffolk

Benzo, and hopefully a few others from Richmond Jeepers

and a few friends from work

(and Hornbrod, if I can shame him into coming back up to VA for a visit :yes: )

:clapping:

Wow what a line up.....

I'll know more when closer, so I'm not going to officially say yes right now, but chances are looking good for us to be a show.

:thumbsup:

if it wasn't for my work schedule :fs1: i would be glad to help ya move some stuff and enjoy the entertainment too.:cheers: My current plans is to be in mobile during that time frame. should the schedule change i'll keep ya posted. jamminz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

still on-line for the weekend of the 20th....

got a few "issues" I'm working thru with the builder, the mortgage company, and the landscape subcontractor, but I'm fairly confident they'll see things my way, eventually ;)

You all don't know me so well, kind of new to the forum, but I showed this to the wife and she said she would like to help out. The food sounds great and with the list of movers you have it should not be a bad time. I will have to give my answer closer though as her work might pose a problem.

don't need straps JT, but if you want to bring handtruck(s) they would be helpful. We've got a crap-ton of boxes we can use them to move. Already have an appliance dolly for the fridge, and that's the only appliance that needs moving (all the other ones are already installed new ;) ). The other stuff that needs moved is the usual, living room/bedroom furniture and clothing, and a glass dining room table that we'll move first before we start drinking for obvious reasons :yes:

The one monster that does need moved, and it's gonna take 3-4 guys, is a huge console flat screen TV and the stand it sits on. There's a couple big gallouts coming that I'm gonna sic on them. I also have a smaller flat screen console TV down at the storage shed (with all my Jeep crap) that a couple of us will need to ride down and bring up to the new house. It's a 2-person TV, but I want to put it upstairs in the bonus room......that may be a bit fun.

Jeff

Jeffers, I assuming if all goes according to plan it will be SATURDAY, not Sunday the 21st, correct? Well, I thought we were leaving on Saturday the 20th, but it's Sunday the 21st. Soooooo, this will probably go over with a ton of bricks with wifeypoo, but I'm gonna do all I can to make it. I'll just need to get some packing done Friday evening etc. And hell, if all goes well Saturday a.m., I could be back before sunset and just pack up Saturday. With the size of the crew you got coming, nobody should be that tired.

Everybody, as he said in the first post, it'll be a good time and he'll stuff you with good food and cold beverages. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I better get my tail lights fixed since it might be dark on the ride home. And my A/C, might be a tad hot. :cheers:

With the size of the crew you got coming, nobody should be that tired. And my A/C, might be a tad hot. :cheers:

Nancy Boy

:D

Damn straight! My fat @$$ loves some A/C! Say what you want, just say it with the thermostat set to "snow cone". :yes: