Introduce yourself and your comanche

BPB

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Names Jay and I live in Forset Grove, Oregon. Just picked up my first running Comanche. I hade one before that turned out to be a dud and somethign i just didn't have the time for. Anyways I'm now in a 87 comanche, 4.0l, aw4(on the column), d30 front with aussie locker, d35 rear open, 5.5 in lift on 33s. picked her up last night.

• 2 weeks later...
Names Jay and I live in Forset Grove, Oregon. Just picked up my first running Comanche. I hade one before that turned out to be a dud and somethign i just didn't have the time for. Anyways I'm now in a 87 comanche, 4.0l, aw4(on the column), d30 front with aussie locker, d35 rear open, 5.5 in lift on 33s. picked her up last night.

Congrats......pics?

• 2 months later...

Here you go a two months later.

Since I've taken these pictures I put some upgraded from fixed lowers to rusty's longarm, rino lined exterior of the canopy black so it match's. Also the rear end is more then likley on it's way out so I'm also in the search for a new rear end. other then that she's smooth running girl.

• 1 month later...

Well I am Jenssen and I have a few Jeeps :) Reside in Calgary Alberta been wheeling for about 8 Years

My 93 XJ

1989 MJ (in progress)

1990 MJ (in progress)

Wifey's 2004 Rubicon

1989 Comp XJ

1988 Comanche

and new to me

1990 Elmininator

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

well i just got my first mj :D  i have wanted one for a while and i finnaly found one that was in great shape not a dent in it just the red paint is a lil bit faded but here pretty soon but its a 1990 pioneer short bed with 4.0 h.o stick with 121 xxx on it bone stock and i plan to keep it that way I'm just gonna put a little meatier tirees on it and call her good :D

• 5 months later...

Gerald 

86 4x4 2.5l 5 speed np207 LWB, Chevy Drop Shackles rear and Coil spacer front about 2 inch lift, running 235/75/R15s, custom intake, Cut front fenders rear to be cut soon, painting in progress in search of Military Green to replace the red, much more to come sliders, cab cage, full drivetrain swap, and the list goes on. Always looking for fellow addicts to swap stories, make new stories, and hopefully new friends. Thanks for the amazingly informative site with its unending database of knowledge.

Portland,OR near Clackmas area

JrZcP2B.jpg

Hi my name is Ciara, I'm a senior in hvac in a tech school and I work at a tractor company.  I started building my Mj at the end of summer of the year with my bf.  I have put just as much work in it as him.  I bought my jeep for 800 while trying to get it running I layed in the grass fighting the fuel pump until I got it. Than there was the transfer case... I don't want to talk about that though...   My first goal was to get the truck running well. Once I achieved that I ordered a Rusty 6.5 lift kit long arm.  In the task of put it on I made the mistake of not properly  stabilizing the truck so it looked like I was making a rat rod lol.  Nothing and no one was harmed thankfully.  I now have the lift on.  I had the chance to buy Micky Thomson's rims and tires.  I picked those up for 700 with a set of tires.  I sold the rims and bought a new set of aluminum Pro Comp powder coated black.  This truck is my baby his name  ifs chief!  My plans for this year is to get the same gear ratio in the front axil so I can hook up the 4wd and go to Wellsville to wheele.  In the rear I have a ford 8.8 3.55 with disc brakes.  I also plan to do the front and rear bumper and make my own removable roll cage. 

Hi everyone i have an 88 Comanche ive had it about 2 months and so far its a pretty cool truck. I got it to be a decent milage truck but capable wheeler for the basic trails.

So far ive removed front bumper cut fenders up and have my favorite local fab shop building a pre runner style bumper with ramsey #8000 winch tapped for air. Replaced radiator with open system cause ive had nothing but problems with that closed system crap lol put in a cone washable type air filter (sounds like a vacuum at 2000rpm) roll bar and some lights up top. It Looks like a rancho 4" lift that was on it when i got it but thinking about making long arms for it. Ill try to ad some pix when i figure out how to do it from my phone lol

• 4 months later...

I live in Kitsap county . Home of the of the Puget sound ship yard and the trident nuclear submarines. I bought a 1988 pioneer in January from a guy in Shelton, wa. It had a portland community college sticker on the bumper. It's all original with 4.0, auto, long box. I want to restore as original as possible. Sure would like to find and original bumper in better shape than mine. Since the last post here was last year I'm guessing not much is going on. Sure wouldn't mind hearing from a member in pnw. Btw I spend a lot of time I Portland on biz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello y'all. Josh from Beaverton, Oregon.

Here's a pic of my MJ right when I bought it. It's a project / less-use work truck / toy.

• 2.5L AX5 4x4
  • 4.5" Rusty's w/ 33's
  • Customer rear bumper
  • Needs a little body work attention

I also have a bone-stock XJ that I use as my DD. 

• 1 month later...

Hey all, been a member of CC for a few years now but never checked out the area specific threads.

I'm the owner of an 1989 SWB with 4.0 and auto tranny. Currently doing a 3 link front and four link rear. Check out my build thread for more info.

I am located in Ukiah, CA. Would be cool to meet other Comanche owners in my area and start wheeling together. Would also be cool to get some kind of west coast comanche meet set up.

• 1 year later...

Hey all, new to MJ jeeps, but not new to Jeeps. We have had a CJ5, YJ, WK, JK and now the MJ. Our MJ is built to have some fun up here in the PNW.

Here's a list of just some of the work done to it...

1988 Comanche Pioneer

Engine 4.0 / Trans 5 speed

Rubicon 5.5 Long Arm lift with 2- ¾" Daystar spacers for a total of 7" lift

Dana 44 Rear with spring over and a Detroit Tru-Track

Dana 30 front with ARB air locker

4.56 gears front and back

On board compressor with air up kit and Dash mounted controls

Trail Ready front bumper with 2 sets of PIAA lights, Clear and fog (yellow) Dash mounted controls

T-Max 9000 LB. Winch with synthetic rope

Tomken Rear Bumpe with receiver

X-Factor 1 1/8" Front Steering Kit

BFG 33 x 12.50 x 15 Mud Terrains Tires on Eagle Alloy wheels 15 x 8 (Spare actually fits in the original position under bed)

K & N Air Filter and Cat back custom exhaust (only engine mods) modified to fit around spare tire

Doetsch Tech shocks

Added A/C and new Temp Gauge

Had speedometer re calibrated for the 33" tires

Replaced Grey interior with Black from 1987 Cherokee Donor, including the dashboard

Black bucket seats, new headliner and back panel

Alpine AM -- FM CD player with Kenwood 5" 2 way front and 4" x 6" 2 way

Rear Speakers

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...