Introduce yourself and your comanche

BPB

They are from a 97 Dakota.

when i bought the truck it had some old junk car seats (GM i think) that were bolted in using wooden blocks and screws.

I made the the mounts from 3/4" square stock and some 1" angle, the front mount is a " T " with one riser in the center and a piece of angle accross the front, the rear corners have there own risers. i welded tabs at each mounting point so everything bolts in and is removeable. the center seat/console is held in with steel strap bolted to the tunnel.

the seat rails are from a 1990 Ford Van with captains chairs,it used a very generic flat seat rail design plus i already had them laying around.

here's a pic of the from mount,its not very good but you should be able to see whats going on

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, My name is Gene I live in Washougal. I have a Built XJ but am selling it to build a MJ. My Current MJ is a 1990 4.0 Auto on the floor, D30, D44, LB. It has every option but PW and PDL. Its going to be lifted 5" with Rubicons and 32's Mostly for the street. I'm looking for a 91 ( want the High Output) that runs good but is not perfect to make a trail rig out of. Would love to wheel with anyone here in my area.. (in my xj for now) but hoping to meet new friends and more Jeep Freaks! OK got some pics up. My XJ and My comanche.

Hi all,

I'm Jeff and I reside in Central Oregon. I picked up my Comanche in 07. Its a base model and performed these mild modifications:

1" Rocky Road lift kit

Painted and sealed the tail lights (as seen in pic below, so no more faded crappy looking lights for me!)

Installed chrome Cherokee grille and light bezels.

Put on Cherokee Limited mesh wheels.

...and that's it! (I also have 3 other cars to worry about, that's why)

You can see the tail lenses in this pic of haulin' girls around the forest after camping. There's cougars sighted nearby we found out later.

jeep3ohs.jpg

Old nasty steelies:

jeep1p.jpg

Limited wheels and 1" lift on front prior to rear being tackled:

jeep2x.jpg

And yes, it does indeed have pink pinstripes, 80's brushstroke graphic, and a matching pink/black '2.5L Low Output' decal on the tailgate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm from edmonds wa, besides this is only pic i have besides mounting some stuff. zj converted tr front bumper, 2wd conv. ax5 . 2.5l bobded bed. dana 30 /ford 8.8 disk break ,revolverd sprung over, rk long arm . 7.5 coills. custom copy of rk stearing, (stainless steal, tera flex knuckle much more tr beadlocks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm Gary. I am in the east bay area of San Fran so I fall in the middle of the southwest and northwest areas. I needed a truck that could pull medium-light duty 4-wheeling, get myself to Tahoe for skiing without worrying about the weather and (most importantly) dog transport. (I am sooooo over dog hair in the car). So, after searching around, I picked up an '88 4x4 short bed with 4.0 - 5 speed. I've built many a car project, so working on this stuff doesn't scare me.

s320x240

Currently, I'm in the process of: Adapting Cherokee spare tire carrier/bumper to the back, changing the interior from 80's burgandy to grey, and (actively) rebuilding the infamous clutch fluid contaminated fuse block. Also yanked the carpet to find...very little (thankfully) so I painted and faux-dynomatted the floor ready for the carpet. Future plans include topper, paint, good stereo, tires, small lift and whatever tickles my fancy. Kinda would have liked to have found the Jeep 2500 front parts, but looks like I missed that boat.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Gary, welcome. Looks like a nice clean truck to build on. Do you ever get around to the Pic-a-Part yards in your area? Wondering if you see many MJ's around. :cheers:

No MJ's in the yards here that I've seen. there's a couple of Jeep specialty places out in Sacramento, so I bet they snap up the MJ's. The yards here are expensive, but I was in LA the past weekend and the three pick your part places I went to had a TON of Cherokee C4C's in it, but no MJs. picked up a bunch of little things for a song.

• 1 month later...
Hi I'm Andy. I'm 16. I'm out of Vancouver/Camas Washington. I don't have a comanche yet but I'm going to get one soon.So if you know anyone near by thats looking to sell one for around 1500 then yeah hit me up or something

You shouldn't have a problem finding one for $1,500. I would start with a 4.0L and as little rust as possible. If you find one you're thinking about buying, you could always post photos and/or a description on here and receive feedback from all the Comanche addicts. :cheers: