Introduce yourself and your comanche

BPB

Let us know where you are from, a brief rundown on your MJ. Feel free to include any other tidbits about yourself that you would like everyone to know.

My name is Ben, I have a 1990 mj 4.0 ax15 that is going through major surgery at the moment. Full width d44 front d60 rear radius arms dom tirod, draglink, trackbar with heims. Ballistic fab trackbar mounts. SOA. Dual diaphragm brake booster. Header. Sound deadened interior Tubed bed. h1 beadlocks, unsure of tires.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name is Doug. Live in Missouri about an hour west of St. Louis. First Jeep a 94 Cherokee 4.0 4x2 bought in Missouri and except for 4 years in the NW we still have it and is rust free with 256000 miles. Have my baby, my 87 4x2 swb 'manche I bought in the NW with 2.5 and 4 speed. Overhauled at 260.000 with Clifford header, Delta cam, and Flowmaster, probably hitting about 130 hp now and does a good job of scootin' down the interstate.

BTW, I turn 61 in 2 months and am pastor of a Lutheran church.

Luv my jeeps!!!! Best vehicles I have EVER owned! No car payments since 1999!

Wrong Chapter kid.

Name is Doug. Live in Missouri about an hour west of St. Louis. First Jeep a 94 Cherokee 4.0 4x2 bought in Missouri and except for 4 years in the NW we still have it and is rust free with 256000 miles. Have my baby, my 87 4x2 swb 'manche I bought in the NW with 2.5 and 4 speed. Overhauled at 260.000 with Clifford header, Delta cam, and Flowmaster, probably hitting about 130 hp now and does a good job of scootin' down the interstate.

BTW, I turn 61 in 2 months and am pastor of a Lutheran church.

Luv my jeeps!!!! Best vehicles I have EVER owned! No car payments since 1999!

I went to christian school. Everyone is welcome here :thumbsup:

Am I in this region? I technically live pretty close to the rockies... This is so confusing, I'm all stressed out. :???:

Lucky for you, you are one of us.

Welcome DirtyComanche, to the Northwest Chapter.

Am I in this region? I technically live pretty close to the rockies... This is so confusing, I'm all stressed out. :???:

Lucky for you, you are one of us.

Welcome DirtyComanche, to the Northwest Chapter.

Okay then. I'll say hi to everybody. Hi everybody. I'm Scott. But people call me Dirty. Or DC. I've also got a few other handles and some really inappropriate nicknames.

See my build threads if you want to understand the depth of my insanity. :nuts:

I'm Willy. My wife and I moved to Kent the end of '07. She is going to the University of Washington for her master's degree. Prior to that we lived in TX just outside of Austin for 3 1/2 years. We are both originally from KS.

On to the important stuff. :dunce:

This is my wife's '88 MJ. It started as 2WD with the Peugeot 5 speed and D35. It is now 4WD with an AW4, 231 doubler, Ford 8.8, TNT Y link, 35" Mickey Thompson MTs, Auburn ECTEDs front and rear, and other stuff. See the build thread in my signature for more details.

Picked this one up Saturday. It is a 2WD '91 with a 4.0 and AW4. Build thread is also in my signature.

This was my '98 XJ. It was my third running XJ. It is now in pieces in the garage with the remnants preparing to be scrapped.

This one is my ongoing Scout project. I bought in when I lived in KS and have drug it across the country with me. I actually have most of the parts for it, now I need to put them all together. The current plan is CUCV axles, Jeep 4.0L, AW4, 231 doubler, 4.3 Atlas, H1 beadlocks, somewhere around 40" tires, three link with track bar front, triangulated four link rear, extended wheelbase, etc.

That's the tow rig and one of the trailers too. '06 Dodge Ram 3500 with the Cummins.

Image Not Found

This is the other trailer.

The dogs - Axle on the left, Jeep in the middle, and Moab in the back.

I'm also VP of my 4WD club, Cascade 4x4s.

Willy

• 2 weeks later...

i'm dave from eugene, oregon.

lived here 30 years.

married 40 yrs, three kids, 5 grandsons, and one soon to be great grand daughter.

88 manch 4.o ax15 with lots o extras and redo's. currently finishing rewiring it and installing new gauges.

4x with rear locker. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Greetings fellow North Westerner's.. name here is Brock

Nanaimo British Columbia Canada.. on the Big Island off of the Wet Coast.. (just north of WA)

Used to build Fullsize F series 250 & 350's Hi Pro Big Blocks mostly

- Started buying, building, busting, fixing & re building Jeep Cherokee's some yrs back,, my last XJ project 89 XJ Pioneer Chop Top 4.0L AX15 FT 6" lift + 2.5" spacer's and re-arch rear springs 35" Yokohama A/T's on Pro Comp Rockcrawler steelies BushWackie flares 4.88's locked D30 / D44 rear 9K winch and more goodies

bcxj89-03.jpg

- My present Project 87 MJ SB 2wd 4cyl BA5 speed is my first MJ Comanche project and I'm love'n it

BCMJ87_DSC01558.jpg

Plans for the MJ are endless.. but will be a culmination of all the lil XJ trix and other's that I have gained over the years..

Glad to be here at the ComancheClub, I've learned a lot from build threads on the "on-going project's" thread.

See Siggy below for website and further information..

is your cherokee for sale i swear i seen it on criagslist

Ya.. it was for sale on Craig's list and a young fella from the mainland brought his 89 over and we did the trade thing.. I got his with rebuilt 4.0 and new AX15.. very sweet trade and it's my new daily driver and camping rig for this year.. I needed to be able to work on my MJ project so I traded off the last rig!

How's things up in PG..

Jeep On.. Brock

- My present Project 87 MJ SB 2wd 4cyl BA5 speed is my first MJ Comanche project and I'm love'n it

Are you referring to the Peugeot BA10/5 5 speed transmission? If so, you may want to check again. The Peugeot only came with the 4.0. I think the 2.5 had the AX5, maybe the AX4.

Willy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

My name is Dave. I live outside of The Dalles Oregon.

I have an '89 Comanche 6" lift with 35's. Dana 30 front, Dana 35 rear with limited slip units(4:10 Yukon gears).

Swapped in '92 engine and wiring harness, with '94 AX 15/231. Interior is Cherokee from a totaled '92.

It's not quite done. Still need to build or buy winch bumper and finish the bodywork to paint.

It's my daily driver.