I'll start... SW Rollcall...

SuperWade2

The SW is a pretty big area don't think people realize that Cali is as big as it is...

So I guess SW Region could/should include California/Arizona/New Mexico/Nevada? Am I missing anyone? Utah, Texas?

Those south of the border too I assume since I don't think Pete created a "International Forum"...

So I don't think "meet and greets" are real likely for someone to drive 15 hours from AZ to NorCal, but who knows.

I'm in the Central Coast region of Cali, south of San Jose, basically on the North edge of the Monterey Bay. Hollister Hills is about an Hour from here (and my "normal wheeling spot when I get to go", and the Rubicon Trail is about 4ish (although I've yet to make it up there).

Anyone Else?

Sw2

Just joined last night and am from South TEXAS and don't know which if any chapter I sould be in, HELP!!

what area of south texas you from?

i live in austin and have family down south and often go visit

perhaps we can meet up and admire trucks image_209027.gif

• 2 weeks later...

what ? ur kids are prity old and ur now just geting them out , shoot my boy has been bouncing around in his car seat in the back since he was maby a year , but then again he's never been to hollister . hollister trips are usualy for the guys only especialy since none of my friends have kids , we ought to do a family run sometime . anyhow was it a good day out there ? it was all overcast here .

what ? ur kids are prity old and ur now just geting them out , shoot my boy has been bouncing around in his car seat in the back since he was maby a year , but then again he's never been to hollister . hollister trips are usualy for the guys only especialy since none of my friends have kids , we ought to do a family run sometime . anyhow was it a good day out there ? it was all overcast here .

Was pretty nice...fog lifted about 11-12ish, but not too hot and just breezy enough to keep the bugs off.

Yah, I know we have been a little slow with wheeling with the kids. Between a TJ that's been in various stages of upgrades over the past couple of years and an over protective wife, this was the first time we agreed it was OK to go. No Jungle Trail, Bonanza Gulch, Tank Trap or Truck Hill, but a nice peaceful easy couple of hours out there. There were a few Power Wagon guys out there, but otherwise pretty empty.

Wade

• 2 weeks later...
Just joined last night and am from South TEXAS and don't know which if any chapter I sould be in, HELP!!

what area of south texas you from?

i live in austin and have family down south and often go visit

perhaps we can meet up and admire trucks image_209027.gif

I'm in McAllen area. If you get down this way send me a PM before you come and we can grab a cup or something.

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there, I'm Gary. I am in the east bay area of San Fran so I fall in the middle of the southwest and northwest areas. I needed a truck that could pull medium-light duty 4-wheeling, get myself to Tahoe for skiing without worrying about the weather and (most importantly) dog transport. (I am sooooo over dog hair in the car). So, after searching around, I picked up an '88 4x4 short bed with 4.0 - 5 speed. I've built many a car project, so working on this stuff doesn't scare me.

s320x240

Currently, I'm in the process of: Adapting Cherokee spare tire carrier/bumper to the back, changing the interior from 80's burgandy to grey, and (actively) rebuilding the infamous clutch fluid contaminated fuse block. Also yanked the carpet to find...very little (thankfully) so I painted and faux-dynomatted the floor ready for the carpet. Future plans include topper, paint, good stereo, tires, small lift and whatever tickles my fancy. Kinda would have liked to have found the Jeep 2500 front parts, but looks like I missed that boat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...