Great Lakes intro's

89eliminator

hey everybody. the names Reed

i live am currently living south of belvidere IL

Welcome to the club Reed :wavey: do you live out by Dewane Road? Just wonderin' cuz I saw a nice red MJ out there earlier today

Yep thats me. i wanna say u live on partridge lane. i saw one like yours in a driveway up there

Nice! Yep that's mine with the jacked up rear-end, lol, fixing that soon tho :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey :)

My name is Ashley. I live in Algonquin, IL. I just recently found my way into the Comanche Family thru Jake (my boyfriend -said jake) and Rob L. who was awesome enough to sell me my jeep.

I am enjoying every moment of hard work we put into it and all the fixing i have still have to be done.. I want it healthy :D thats my goal :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My name is Nate and I am a jeepaholic.

I currently live all over Minnesota- Alexandria for the school year (aug-june) Shakopee for summer (june-aug) and in the cities all the other times :D (got a cabin in Brainerd that the old manche sits at right now)

I have an 86 long bed, 2.8L v6, AX-5, D30 front, D35 rear with 4.10s all around, NP207 transfercase and 235/75/15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA/KO's :thumbsup:

I currently work for Ziegler Caterpillar and am attending school for Diesel Mechanics. Hope to see you folks around!

-Nate

• 9 months later...

Hello all,

My name is Aaron and I too am from MN. I work in alexandria and live nearby. I have been browsing this forum for a couple of weeks now. It is pretty amazing. Well I got the itch for Jeeps as soon as i saw this little buddy on CL a couple years back.

Its been my DD for a little over a year now. It has 113k miles on the odometer, and 13k on the rebuild.... Starts every time and runs like a top. I originally got this rig to be my hunting truck and DD, but I am currently scouring for a new option for a hunting rig b/c of the direction I want to go with this 86'....

Thank you. I am not sure exactly what the x trim level is... Could someone chime in here???? As far as plans for this truck I am going to try to keep it clean and stock looking (no lift for this bad mamma jamma). I need a new windshield first and foremost. Second is wiper motor and / or linkage (passenger side doesn't move). Third I am going to to the bench to buckets conversion & check floor pans (have the seats but no center counsel). Fourth I need tan door panels. Fifth install cd player I got for Christmas. I want to do all of these before summer. Lastly before next fall / winter I need to re-paint it... I know it looks pretty clean, but I have significant clear coat peeling on the front end. I have the idea in my mind to do a two tone black orange combo.... But I have plenty of time to change my mind.....

Ideally I would like to get my hands on a second MJ and use it for hunting / winter driving..... I guess time will tell

• 1 year later...

hi i'm Preston i live in southern part of U.P. Michigan where it borders north east Wisconsin. I bought my 1st and only jeep (comanche) off a guy from work that used it for a DD til it broke down and he was going to scrap it.

he sold the rims,cat.,and turbo muffler off of it. it was sitting on 1 full size spare and 3 donut spare tires. it came with new half length floor pan for both sides and rocker panels. i manged to get the rims (wide 5 spoke w/jeep writen on one spoke) back from the guy he sold them to minus the tires.

after tearing out the rubber floor i realized the floor pans aren't long enough to just weld in. so now it sits til i either find some more metal or get the full length floor pans. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi I'm Hayduke & I like in the NW corner of IL & WI.  I'm about a mile from the WI border & Lake Michigan....

I've had 5 Jeeps but my current stock is back down to 2 (Both produced Jeep mini-trucks Scrambler & Comanche) ....  for now...

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all. Luke here in Waukesha, WI.  My MJ isn't running/ driving yet but the transformation starts this week! I will post up a thread once its rollin.  I was told about Comanche Club through another local on a facebook group.  I am looking for a tailgate for my rig and I was told a fellow in northern Illinois may have a few! Any info is appreciated. Hope to get to know ya'll!