89eliminator

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I am Ryan I hail from CFB Borden (Most of the Time), Ontario, Canada.

I am young and crazy which is how I got into jeeping in the first place, now I realized the real craziness was not owning one.

Pretty sure I own the only comanche in the world with a semi-shag residental carpetted floor (ya its crazy and its comfortable, but hey it was free).

Comanche leaks like a siv but hey the water has to get out somehow.

:cheers: Hello WISCONSIN . . . no wait its Hello From Wisconsin :eek: . . .

I'm slowly becoming a Jeeper, But i like relics of all kind's.

Tho i am a stubborn antisocial prick i'm working on fixing that, but when i want what i want talking me out of it ain't a wise idea :no: . . .

Ok now that that hog wash is done. . . :dunno: Hog wash is that like a car wash for pigs ? :dunno:

:rotfl2: :rotf: :yes: Humor is good !

Mike

:cheers: Hello WISCONSIN . . . no wait its Hello From Wisconsin :eek: . . .

I'm slowly becoming a Jeeper, But i like relics of all kind's.

Tho i am a stubborn antisocial prick i'm working on fixing that, but when i want what i want talking me out of it ain't a wise idea :no: . . .

Ok now that that hog wash is done. . . :dunno: Hog wash is that like a car wash for pigs ? :dunno:

:rotfl2: :rotf: :yes: Humor is good !

Mike

This guy seems like fun. :brows:

Rob L. image_209027.gif

Fun is the name old Heap's is the game :D I even got a Jeep heap that was really cheap jamminz.gif

a friend of mine gripped at me for month's to get an ATV so i bought a 1953 Studebaker M275, which a military 2.5ton 6x6 truck tractor . . . which isn't nearly as fun as the M52A1 5ton 6x6 truck tractor or the M123A1C 10 ton 6x6 truck tractor . . . it's the little deuce that could tho . . .

I says to him there ya go i now have an ATV.

he says that is not an ATV.

I said yes it is, its an Army Transport Vehicle which is operates on all terrains there for making it an All Terrain Vehicle.

he says i don think that would qaulifyas an ATV.

I said i know that would be an ATVATV or an AATTVV :rotfl2: :rotf: :yes: :clapping: jamminz.gif

So i bought the Honda Rubicon 2 weeks later. . .

Mike

• 1 month later...

Door's are rotten at the bottom, the cab corner's got hole's & rust, and the rocker panels are starting to get soft n flaky . . .

check it out its shiny ! :

yup its a wreck check the rust and dents:

I have no idea what the longevity of this truck is . . .

Can it be saved ? :dunno: ?

Should it be saved ? :dunno: ?

Run it as is till it puke and recycle it ? :dunno: ?

i bought it was a cheap beater, not so much for what it was . . . I kinda like the little rot box now hat i have driven it for 2+ months now . . .

Mike

Time to start looking for another, or one with a bad engine to swap out of...

Rob L. :cheers:

na i didn' really buy it for what it was, i only got cause it was a cheap back up rig for my 6.5 which did fail so now its the driver,if it can be patched up and made into a decent looking driver it'll stay around and eventually re-powered with an AMC-V8, If it's shot i'll run it till it's junk and recycle it, the likely hood of searching out another Comanche to replace it is highly unlikely . . . it'll simply get replaced with another $0-$500 beater what ever brand that might be who knows hopefully not a dodge or a car . . .

Mike

na i didn' really buy it for what it was, i only got cause it was a cheap back up rig for my 6.5 which did fail so now its the driver,if it can be patched up and made into a decent looking driver it'll stay around and eventually re-powered with an AMC-V8, If it's shot i'll run it till it's junk and recycle it, the likely hood of searching out another Comanche to replace it is highly unlikely . . . it'll simply get replaced with another $0-$500 beater what ever brand that might be who knows hopefully not a dodge or a car . . .

Mike

Easy on the recycle talk.... We like to keep them in the family until there isn't anything left of them

Mike

Easy on the recycle talk.... We like to keep them in the family until there isn't anything left of them

Damn right. If you recycle it, it'd better be to me.

Rob L. :rant:

Really...?

Not having seen the underside of the truck...That is in about the same shape as my '88 was when I got it. Yours is a little worse as far as the bed rust goes, but mine was savable and I think this one is too. Fenders and doors are easily replaced with rust free ones and if you go the LKQ Rockford route they are not that expensive either. Then you are left with some TIG welding of patch panels on the rockers, cab corners and box and it will come out looking better than you would have dreamed. I'd say $800 and a buddies TIG welder saves that truck's body from what I've seen in these pics. I bent my rocker patch panels on a brake and my cab corners were in good enough shape to keep. If yours are shot though, get creative. If you can't find MJ corners then see what else you can hack off of another vehicle in the yard to make it work. Sheet metal work is some of my favorite stuff to do!

It just depends on if you want to put the money / time into it or not...

It was up on a lift when the exhaust was getting done i snooped around it all appeared sound and intact to me :D . . . But with it on the ground i can't really get any underside shot's that turn out :(

80% of the rust & dents shown can NOT be seen 3 feet away 60% of it can't really be viewed right next to it, ya gotta be looking for it to find it all, which is why i didn't notice it till i hand waxed & polished it . . . As you can tell from washed & polished photos you notice some but you don't hardly seen as much rot as my close up shots of all the spot's :brows: ;)

It hides its rust well . . . 2.5, AX-4, D35, 3.73's with P215/70R15's front / ST225/70R15C's rear . . . I'd like to see a set of LT235/75R15C's on the rear ideally all 4 corner's I have 1 brand new "Sport King AT" i'd like to find another but there $120 new no body has any used . . .

Mike

• 1 month later...

I have been around for awhile and I do know a few of you guys from other forums. First name is Austin and i currently live in Eveleth, MN. 4 miles from the OHV sight in Gilbert, MN. I currently have 2 Comanches. 1 project and 1project/driver. I also have a '00 XJ with a 3.5 lift and 31s that I wheel mostly now. (2k miles the last year) My DD is usually a 2001 Dodge Reg Cab Cummins. Couple pics... :chillin:

IMG][/img]