What really burns me up

I can remember a feeling of anxiety when first posting a,, "Hey, I'm new" thread,

Man.......it didn't take you long to get over that....... :teehee:

Lets see........your here a year less than me, and 2-1/2 X's my post count :hmm:

I'll agree with ya again, even thought the newbies posting on just the classified is down slightly, there still there.

And.......the "Poster" that Boilermaker makes mention, is the same poster that most of us got erased from, and has a total of 6 posts, all on the same classified add :roll: and no other posts on the entire board.

Yes, there are some "newer" members that only join the board to get the benefits, of being a member, but I still agree, that alot of ppl over the years, joined, listed something up for sale, very uncooperative with members, sold there 'item' and never to be heard from again :roll:

Not that I'm mentioning the "I don't give the Vin out" guy :roll:

A few of us put a lot of time in here, we 'try' to answer other's question, or pass on advice, or throw a joke here and there.........and then the new guy joins, throws up an add for the one of a kind '89 MJ, and just don't want to provide additional info, don't answer his (or hers') PM's, and just more :bs: to weed thru :fs1:

I'm thinking like this........Any classified add that's posted, if it don't meet the Rules, have a Mod give One (1) warning, and 24 hours to correct it, then it's deleted, and if the person is serious about the add, they will read the rules, make the corrections, and re-post. Don't matter if it a new member, or a member with 20,000 posts.

This way, we do see something that is unique to our hobby, It don't scare the "newbie" away, or posting a bunch of garbage to get the post count up to meet a quota. It keeps the "used car dealers" away and gives the Mod's some control over the classified adds that don't even belong here.

I did something the other day, that I usually don't do, and that was to give some info on a problem to a "newbie".........I just kept reading his post, and the problems he was having, and no one was steering him in the right direction.....he was changing out parts all over......so I tossed out some info, some links, and later that day he solved the problem. No, I'm not looking for anything, but for some time, I stopped tossing out info to the less than 10 post count ppl, because they either didn't get it, what to do, or just got there problem solved, and never to be heard from again :roll:

Same reason I will not sell any parts to a low count poster..........I'm still waiting for payment from a "newbie" since October........for a part that he just had to have :headpop:

I'm done soapbox.gif

• 3 weeks later...