87 MJ lifted Y-Linked N more to come

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

well we got the junk yard mj about ready for driving we don't normally like lifted 2wds but its just temporarily 2wd. I couldn't wait to see how it looked with some of the extra parts we got laying around.

• 2 weeks later...

well i got a bit of work done this weekend.

what it started out lookin like.

to a rather quick.

taking the plastics off to get to the carpet.

and after we got the carpet out i was suprised at what we found.

the worst bit of rust in it.

other then that it looked really good.

and after a bit of sanding and a shot of flat black till we primer it.

getting it ready for the cage to go in and then going to start to install the 97 dash and seats.

• 4 weeks later...

well finally got the engine all together here's a few of the process

had to dig out the valve machine

During

after

Doing the seats on the head

putting springs back on and together

and then back on the block

got the valve cover back on

i have put it completely together ready to drop it in when the time comes just didn't get any pictures of it.

Got the old 4 cylinder out

and the tiny transmission

took the pressure washer to the engine bay

also got the back half cleaned off

got the grinder out and took a bit to dig more in the rust spot and found

from the bottom

not to bad i have seen worse looking at others pictures here. Got the fiberglass out and patched it right up.

thats about where we are at right now can't wait untill this 3 day weekend to get some primering and other stuff done. Thanks for lookin! :brows:

• 3 weeks later...

i got a quick question what are some of you guys doing for rear leafs?? I don't really like add a leafs was going to go with the stocks soa with a ubolt elim kit. Just curious on what u guys are running or if you have found any places that sell like spring.

i got a quick question what are some of you guys doing for rear leafs?? I don't really like add a leafs was going to go with the stocks soa with a ubolt elim kit. Just curious on what u guys are running or if you have found any places that sell like spring.

Benz Spring in Portland.Or. can make a set,takes 2 days I think and their price seems good.For lift springs,I was thinking Hellscreek.I want suspension travel so I,m staying SUA w/a lift shackle and 3" pack probably. Good progress on the truck :thumbsup: . I,m jealous, looks like you have access to good equipment. Look forward to more. :cheers:

Thank you. Got part of the roll cage in today hoping to get some of that mocked up but will be mostly checking out the front air locker in our Cherokee, it sprung an air leak, its not good when airs coming out the vent tube right??? lol.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...