87 MJ lifted Y-Linked N more to come

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually found a 3rd truck an 87 4.0 2wd long bed with a 44 rear end at a local wrecking yard. Truck is actually very clean 1 minor dent in the bed. Asked how much for the rear end and the tail gate he told me 450 for both. So i asked how much for the entire truck he said 550 so there is no way i could turn that down.

i figured id post up some destruction of the xj to make more room for the mj`s

close to an mj here

convertible

this is my buddys *Excellent* face after getting the entire carcass of the xj into the trailer to be hauled to the junk yard.

the Honda was an abandoned car at the shop we work at runs great needed a set of tires as we found out driving it home the right front blew good thing it had a spare donut. The people left it there for 6 months we got it for 100 bucks, can't really complain there.

Is that civic AWD??? Shot in the dark,, but some of the wagon hatchbacks were,, and I know for 100% if it is AWD you could sell it reallllll quick for way more then 100 bones.. CRX guys take the drivetrians and swap them to their cars,,, plus the AWD's are super rare..

Well as i said before i was on my way today to buy my 3rd parts MJ. We got it home tossed a battery in it shot some carb cleaner in it since the fuel pump is out and she fired right up. The only reason i bought this one was for the rear end and tailgate it was dumb to not buy it since the entire truck was 100 more then what they wanted for those 2 items. Seems like this parts truck will end up on the road i got pics coming soon.

finally got to upload some pics of the newest mj purchase from the junkyard.

after we got going we pulled the bed off of the long bed and the short bed. Just noticing the differences in the way the frame was made.

Long bed

short bed

Man that sucks about your cherokee, same thing happened to my buddies cherokee, same color and everything, but he built up another cherokee with it, almost got him to buy my comanche and build it up with his cherokee, but that didnt happen. here's the pic of it when it flipped

wi3olt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

been a few days since ive posted again been doing quite a bit lately got a new set of shoes for one of the monsters a set of 35x12.50x15 Mickey Thompson MTZ`s

This pic is the test fit to see what all we got to do to get them to fit

Also trying em out on a different rim other then the stock jeep rims for different backspacing options

Stock rims

And one of each

was just a day filled with plannin on this one and finding problems on the Mj`s. Also picked up a dana 30 and a 35 with 3.55 gears and air lockers for free can't beat that price even it being a 35.

Got the Red one running today finished up most of the wiring problems seems the 5 years of sitting in a junkyard took its toll on many of the grounds in the truck. The AC also blows cool which is awesome just had to fix a ground there as well. Just want to get this one road worthy to drive so i can start on the real project i am looking forward to.

was just a day filled with plannin on this one and finding problems on the Mj`s. Also picked up a dana 30 and a 35 with 3.55 gears and air lockers for free can't beat that price even it being a 35.

Better pics of the rear axle please? I'm not sure that's a 35, but hard to tell with the front in the way.