'88 Eliminator... Feb. 2009 - Jan. 2023

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bed liner on body panels... I'm going to wait on the box floor until it's back on the frame.

I turned off the flash for this one in hopes that the picture would show the actual color of the truck...

i like that a lot! are you gonna "Eliminator" stripe it too?

Yup! I've got a factory deal kit that'll go back on it, "ELIMINATOR" and all! All of the rubber trim below the silver will go back too.

I like the look of all the Eliminator stripes and everything color matched... except the fender flares. On my truck, the flares have been replaced at some time and have always been black as long as I've owned it. I like it, and with the additional black on the rockers, red flares would just look too much I think. The bumpers will be black too so, in my head, I kinda like the black on red look... besides... there's already an awesome all-red Eliminator floating around this site!

:cheers:

Thanks everybody! Can't wait to keep working on this little truck!

I thought the stripes were only above the lower body line? I thought the bedlined part was always just silver, without decals.

Rob L. :dunno:

Originally, instead of silver and bedliner, it was one big decal that was silver and faded to black and finished short of the rocker panel leaving it red.

Instead of all that, I'm just going with the individual stripes above the silver belt line.

Didn't get quite as far as I'd hoped today. Seams as though i couldn't find anyone to help out with hanging the doors... those are a PITA by yourself! Still moving forward though.

I also took the cowl out from under my shop lights to see the real color, 1988 "flash red".

Thank again!

I took Saturday to take down "Dexter's kill room" (anyone watch Dexter on Showtime?) so I could have my shop somewhat back to normal... minus the piles of truck in each corner. I tried to start it without any luck... dead battery. Okay, just push it out and jump it with the car later. Sounds easy enough... NO! What a prime time for the fuel pump to die! Checked everything... power going to the pump with the key on, just no fuel pumping action. What a downer for sure!

I did take a few pictures with it out of the shop... but it was dreary and cloudy outside.

Got all the plastic down and folded up so I could start throwing some parts at it. Forgot to paint some stuff... I'll get those later (grill, fuel filler door... little stuff).

Got a good look at the dented corner too... really happy with how it turned out! Body filler? Who needs body filler when you've got bed liner!

More next weekend after I hang an exhaust under the wife's car... why is it that working on vehicles is only fun when you don't necessarily need to?

Thanks everyone!... but I really should be honest. The color hides a lot of little dents still on the truck. I didn't take too much time straightening the panels just because I wanted a nice truck... but not too nice! I still plan to use it as a truck, so a few dents won't make the future dents emotionally feel so bad.

Overall, I'd call it a good "ten foot" truck.

• neohic changed the title to '88 Eliminator... Feb. 2009 - Jan. 2023