new guy, big project

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

progress has been slow, summer is always my busy time, with work and baseball and my girl being 150 miles away

got the 60 tore down last night, wednesday ill put it all back together with the new seals and grease and such

thats all the time i have till the following week

well game was canceled today due to no freaking umpires

oh well

got the 60 , rebuilt, with all new seals and grease, also added these mad 4wd outer axle seals, seem to be wicked sweet

• 3 weeks later...

she is going to be one big bisnatch

got the rear of the springs mounted, slide the axles under there and got it all centered up, will be running 119" wheelbase, started thinking about the front shackle mounts

i also got my hydro stuff in from west texas offroad, now i just have to remember where the hell i put my pitman arm reemed for a 1ton tre

should be installing the tranny and case tomorrow afternoon

its starting to look like a truck again

ok well ive done a bit of work and got a couple more parts

got the half doors all finished off, just need some primer and some carpet for the inside to make them echo less. going to find some outdoor carpet that doesnt mind getting wet, anyone got a source for me?

got my twin sticks in for the d300, they are slick i can do rear low, front low, both low, both high, and rear high, but i also did not switch out the shift rails for ones without detents so i can't acidently put one in low and one in high

got new u-bolts bent up yesterday so the rear isnt going to fall out now

also got the shackles in i am going to use, going to northeast fastener today to get hardware, I'm hoping maybe they will have a sleeve for the yj bushings as well, the ones i got did not come with them ??? :confused:

hoping to get the brackets for the shackle hangers all designed, cut and tacked in today, maybe ill even have a roller by tomorrow night. that would be nice cause i could get a good cleaning of the garage without it in the way

ill have pics tonight or tomorrow

general to do list:

1. shackle hanger brackets

2. MC and all new brake line install

3. ream pitman arm and shorten drag link

4. install hydro steering

5. install tranny and tcase

6. drive shafts

7. roll bar, gas tank mount, some kinda bed or something

8. fix some wiring

22 DAYS TILL IT NEEDS TO BE TESTED AND ON THE TRAILER TO FALL CRAWL

how bout a measurment from inside rim to inside rim in the frt.

ppppplease.

edit: how far do your hubs stick out or any with the rim/tire combo?

ill take some measurements for you tomorrow

well i wish i had my own welder cause i could probably have a rolling chassis tonight

these are the brackets i made today

how they will mount, well kinda they will be welded to the angle, going to mount the angle to the tow hook brackets and gusset it in well so it won't move, i will also be boxing them in on the front, back, and the bottom

half doors that are finished and the view out of them

twin sticks

damn that there is my dream project for right now. thats what i wanna build for the time being.. that is sweet as hell!!

thanks man

What kinda springs are you using? And did you mount the rear of the springs in the original lower control arm mount?

the are stock YJ springs for now, i need to get my brackets set so i can see if they will be enough, and yes i mounted the rear in the stock lower control arm brackets which i plan on beefing up

absoluetly the dumbest question ever:

where'd you get the flip off smiley guy? I want one for my diff :)

PBB

Lowes has the outdoor carpet for cheap and its the kind that goes in boats.

Cole

thanks thats what i was looking for

ok i was really tired from getting up yesterday at 4:30 am so i didnt really have the drive to do much

but i did spend about an hour and a half at 2 different parts stores getting brake lines and fittings and such, i think i have everything i need probably going to work on getting that stuff in today

also BIG WORK PARTY at my house on SATURDAY, i have to be up at about 8 to sell my quad, so anytime after 8 you are welcome to come, working on the jeep all day then out to the Salty Dog at night

You are not that far from all.....

Juan is just above Hartford and I am in central CT!!!

We are both long time Jonfund members.

CW

Sorry for above.....

Why the heck doses this board allow posting before logging in!?!?

I upgraded my securities and now all my links are deleted. I have to re-log in everywhere and I forget....CRS setting in. :eek: :eek:

CW

I'm in granby MA not CT so i am a bit farther then you think, its on the other side of springfield about 30-40 mins from hartford

def cme up saturday if you wanna spin a few wrenches or just stand and laugh while the rest of us do

Sorry for above.....

Why the heck doses this board allow posting before logging in!?!?

CW

I left it that way so people having difficulties due to forum glitches can still comunicate their problems. At least that was the rationale. Not sure if it really helps any. :(