Photos from our dog days of summer MJ owners meet and greet

Alright,

It is August 11th today

The 26th is like 2 weeks away, and Labor Day is 3 weeks away.

The other day I got my 10 year high school reunion invatation in the mail and it is on the 26th. Thanks for the advanced notice.

So here is the deal.

Labor Day Weekend IS THE DATE

Ohiopyle Pennsylvania

Ohiopyle State Park

Friday Night or Early Saturday Morning Arrival!!!

I need an immediate FIRM head count to secure camping arraingements for us at 1 of 3 local camp grounds that we will use as a launch pad for the weekend.

If your MJ won't run, bring the XJ or the YJ or the TJ or even your Honda. No Hummers except those given by dirty girls at the local bar.

Here is the list of things that you need to bring.

1. TENT or Topper on the MJ (there will be skeeters so you must have something to sleep in)

2. SLEEPING BAG or BAGS ( plural is not for your fat @$$ but for your G/F if she is tagging along)

2a. Sleeping Pad

2b. Camp Pillow

3. Swimming Trunks (for rafting or swimming)

4. River Sandals (Chaco-Teva type, or your old Nike jogging shoes, no one goes down river with me without sandals or sneakers, goto walmart and get an $8 pair)

5. Warm Clothes for at night

6. Flip Flops or after sport clogs for showers or what ever.

7. BYOS... that is right, BRING YOUR OWN STEAK, or chicken or chops or what ever you wish to eat. I recommend freezing it solid a day or 2 before. I will supply the Coleman Road Trip Grille for cooking, along with a bag of potatoes and a half buschel of corn on the cob. We can cook the potates and corn on the camp fire.

8. BYOB... Beer or Beverages or what ever B stands for.

9. Nalgene Bottle, or watter bottle with a strap or hook to tie into raft.

10. Towell and shower supplies. State park has showers, camp grounds have showers.

Here is what I can plan for everyone for the weekend.

First off there have been 2 recent access closures to the wheeling area that is about 15 miles away. I have not been there since the closures. I am trying to make a run there this Saturday or Sunday to scope out the changes. I am not going to promise anything... so if we don't get to go wheeling, we can do something else on Sunday.

My Itinerary would be set up as follows.

Saturday River Rafting Trip on the LOWER Yough River.

Rental Rafts at a cost of $50 per raft, 4, 5 or 6 per raft. We will take the total number of people divide the raft $$ total by that number.

I have worked on this river for 7 years so I am your complimentary guide staff for the day. If you don't want to raft, inflatable Kayak's will be avaliable for about $20 per person. If you don't want to paddle the white water, you can divert to the Middle Yough 9 miles up stream and paddle 9 miles of flat water in a craft of your choice (great trout fishing and small mouth bass section) Each person is responsible for about $5 additional for launch permit fees and shuttle tokens at the take out.

I am willing to pack standard american cold cuts for however many people are going so that we can eat lunch half way on the river. We will split the cost of this meal by the number of people on the trip. Sorry no alcohol on the river.

Sunday would be the day for the wheeling trip as we can get out early, and by 1 or 2 O-Clock you have seen it all... plenty of time to head home or stay till Monday. If we can't go wheeling, there are natural water slides, lots of rocks for sunbathing and drinking from your nalgene, learn to kayak white water, canoe the middle yough, hike the short hiking loops inside the park, chill with all of the Jeeps taking up spaces in the State Park's main parking lot, or ride bicycles, or play frisby golf, or wiffle ball or something else. Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water and Kentuck Knob are within 5 miles of Ohiopyle.

Monday

Anyone who wants to stay till Monday could go rafting on the UPPER YOUGH RIVER, a class V dam release run in western Maryland about 30 miles away. Several companies from Ohiopyle run this river and I will negotiate a generous discount off the price of this trip (usually $120) for you. I highly recommend this trip, and hopefully I can get the cost down to about $75 per person. Format is 3 customers and a guide in a 6 man raft. Off the river around 4:00pm plenty of time to drive home. If you like this kind of stuff, this is your big chance to go big. This is the best rafting run in the east. IMHO it beat the Gauly river in West Virginia. 1 mile of this river drops over 200 feet.

OK SO WHO IS IN!!

I NEED A HEAD COUNT BY AUGUST 18th

wow, i would really love to go...but I'm not sure the MJ would make the 678.24 mile trip plus i only have about $100 in the bank right now lol and i don't think that would cover the whole trip :( :cry:

I'm in

I'll be up early Sat. morning. Sunday I have to pull out and run up to Johnstown and pick up a D30 I have stored up there. I can come back down for some festivities, but I have to bug out mid-afternoon back to VA :cry:

Jeff

Guest 89MJComancheslazylogin

Who is coming??

I need to figure out if this is going to be 5 people and 5 MJ's or if it is going to be 20 people and 10 MJ's or what.

I have talked to the camp grounds and space is tight!!!

My buddy Chad lives 4 miles from Ohiopyle, he had a tumor removed from his spinal cord last October and has not been able to use his arms since. They actually had to cut his spinal cord open long ways and remove the tumor from the middle of it, and then glue the cord back together.

We can get his girl friend Kristen to safety Kayak along with our rafting trip depending on the number of people who show up.

Anyhow, we can camp in his yard if the numbers stay small...

If we do that I want you guys to raid your XJ parts stashes for a few things for me to pay Chad for his hospitality.

We need the following to fix up his 92XJ.

Rear Bumper & Mounting Brackets

2 Door front XJ Seats with tracks Grey or Brown

I have a new rear seat that is of the 94-95-96 hatch pattern but any good condition seats will do (the dogs chewed his all up)

XJ/MJ Glove Box Door Grey or Brown

XJ Dash Pad Grey or Brown

XJ 2 Door Interior Door Panels Grey or Brown

Anything else that you might want to donate to a small fixerupper project for his Jeep so that when he arms are recovered that he can drive it?

Anyhow.... POST IF YOU ARE COMING OR NOT!!!

• 1 month later...

Did this ever happen? it was before I found this forum I would have been there in a minute well 25 from Cheat lake WV anyway lol, if it didnt happen how about a fall get together at ohiopyle or somewhere else close to there and if before halloween everyone could go to Riches fright farm haunted hayride just a thought.

• 1 year later...

It never happened!

Why is this sticky anyhow??

It should happen though....

We should plan for it to happen in 2008.

Pick a weekend now and stick to it.

The problem is that they have closed most of HAWKINS HALLOW down to that famous little rickety a$$ wooden bridge over Indian Head Creek, except for those of us who utilize the road way as a boating take out when IHC floods for white water boating. So really there is not much wheeling unless we goto Coopers Rock WV area.

I still think that we should do this though. It could be a meet and greet close to the street weekend with a bunch of fun tossed in.