what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Changed oil, t-case fluid, axle oil front and rear, greased fittings, figured out front parking lamp problem, started checking out no backup lights problem. Still need to change oil in AX15.

And all that on an XJ...

Picture as required by Pete :D

did an oil change (using oem mopar filter and switching to mobil one full synthetic 10w30 and...

got the rollbar...it was already removed from the parts truck. unfortunately, couldn't pick up that 88 chief because the wiring is fubar. fuel pump only comes on when the radio is on, and the starter turns over at

-100 mph lol. so, I'll go tow it home next weekend with a car dolly.

anyways, here's the crappy pics of the bar mocked up in the 87. it needs the mounting plates all replaced but otherwise is in good shape.

spare tire mocked up in new location

OBA tank in it's location

so, for $250 for an 88 chief that's completley fubar rust-wise but only 130k miles, I think I did well.

got another dana 44 (3.73 gears possibly limited slip),

dana 30 (3.73 gears)

aw4,

np231 (never been engaged),

new radiator and nice e-fan,

good engine bay harness (this is great because the one from the 87 was fubar but this one is nice so I have a complete 4.0 swap kit),

factory front skid,

front tow hooks plus brackets

t-case skid

gas tank skid

split rear window

tan folding buckets plus brackets

full gauge cluster plus sending units

working dash clock

factory radio

good tan carpet

e-brake assembly

floor shifter assembly

tilt black steering column

cruise control

remote mirrors plus blockoff plates

nice 5 spoke jeep wheels and good tires

I think it's funny how I can catagorize every part of value off the truck by now...

I said it once Ill say it again...... YOUR CAM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never heard of a fuel pump tuning on with a radio... Reminds me of some wedding show Steph was watching where the guys made the horn honk every time the brake was pressed on the honeymoon get away ride..

Took out the thermostat and checked it. Works fine, opens at 84C. Cleaned the contacts on the temperature gauge sender cables. That made the gauge a little more responsive :banana: I'm getting somewhere! Going to change the sender unit next and see if that helps. Checked the front brake pads, they're OK. Tried to remove the rear drums to see how it's looking in there but could not get the darn drums off and then I ran out of time, next weekend eh! :thumbsup:

Got the oil pressure and coolant temp sensors in for the new gauge cluster. Changed the oil and filter. (previous owner let it go way too long) I also continued the Dual Diaphragm Booster upgrade. I put my modified pedal assembly in, and made the new brake lines from the Master Cylinder to the Proportioning Valve.

Told it " Your a$$ is SO mine, as soon as I put a clutch in the Cherokee". I have a '93 Mushtang Cobra 5.0, NP 435, Early Bronco Dana 20 transfercase ( the straight shift style), and a NOS MJ D-44 rear axle to put in it....hee,hee... jamminz.gif :clapping: Come on, Saturday. :banana:

Oh, and all of this is because the high and mighty AW-4 is slipping in O/D. Stupid automatic tranny. :grrrr:

Told it " Your a$$ is SO mine, as soon as I put a clutch in the Cherokee". I have a '93 Mushtang Cobra 5.0, NP 435, Early Bronco Dana 20 transfercase ( the straight shift style), and a NOS MJ D-44 rear axle to put in it.

Where did ya find a NOS MJ D44 Ren? Tapco?

Hornbrod, I have a friend that works for Dana here in KY., and they have some "interesting" stuff in the warehouse over there. :yes: He is going to try and get me a pair of the TJ Rubi axles next... jamminz.gif Now, IF I can find and make friends with somebody that works for New Venture, I might be able to get a better tranny... :idea:

Went to the local muffler shop because I've been dealing with an exhaust leak the past few weeks. Turned out that the 9-month old muffler was leaking at the outlet tube.

Had them put on a new Magnaflow. Sounds much better now.

Cut an inch off the rear frame, tacked up my bumper only to realize that I have to trim the frame up more :headpop: (time to buy some grinding wheels), got mad :fs1: , welder jammed for the fourth time, got more mad :hmm: , smashed finger, painted bumper, painted my suby's wheels, still mad :rant: , ordered led tail lights, put old bumper on cl, went to bed mad. :wall:

Went out to the freezing cold garage and started the truck up and let her run for a few. And then started investigating how to mount the snorkle I an gonna build with minimal cutting and drilling. So far it looks like I am gonna have to cut a 2" hole and drill two 1/4" holes in the fender and that should be it. Gonne run the flex hose like the ARB snorkle but instead of cutting anoyher hole I am just gonna run it in the hole in the header panel where the stock air hose was attached.