what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Got stuck in the snow and had to dig myself out. My parents and brother and i was going to our cabin to remove the snow from the roof. They brought theyr skies but i was just big mouthed and said "no way, skies are for pu$$ies, ill just air down the tires and drive that last kilometer in the snow" :nuts: I have driven to the front door of the cabin several times in deep snow, but this time i only got 100meters before i had to call my dad and kindly ask him to retun back with my brothers skies... :oops:

Pulled the seat out and all the trims to get at the recoil seatbelts to find out why they weren't working. After examining them it turns out they have a miniture pedulum mechanism and are only supposed to lock up if the vehicle experiences a sharp change in velocity. So they do work after all!! :doh: All that dismantling effort wasn't wasted though, I fitted some speakers in there whilst I was at it, cleaned 23yrs worth of crud from under the seat and then added a shoulder strap to the centre lap belt :wrench:

added a shoulder strap to the centre lap belt :wrench:

Cool Idea! I would like to see some pics of this mod.

Will do. It's nothing fancy or good looking though! But it works. I just bought around 10ft of seatbelt webbing and a strength rated Carabina Hook

clip1.JPG

Tied the webbing into a loop using a special webbing knot I once learnt. The carabina clips onto the metal loop that holds the lap belt to the vehicle body. The new seatbelt webbing loop goes onto the carabina clip over the back of the seat and gets tied onto the tail end of the existing lap belt (with that special knot again). As I say nothing fancy but I don't like the idea of a loved one face planting the dash or gear shift lever even in minor a shunt! It would bend the seat in a heavy smash but with the two end of the seat restrained by the driver and passenger belts it should at least prevent some nasty head dash interfacing for a smaller person :eek: This was just a quick fix as I'm collecting a friend from the airport today and it was bothering me having a "loose" centre passenger. I'd like to create a mounting point for the shoulder strap somewhere more substantial on the body just above the centre passengers left shoulder. I'll be looking into that when I get a chance image_209027.gif

Finished up my jumbo cup holder. Had a mini console left from my 88 4spd. Painted it black, added a cut out textured piece of fiber board, a large PVC coupler with a handle slot cut out and presto change, a cup holder. And yes, I like the BIG cup of coffee.

Picked up a gauge cluster, courtesy lights, ash tray light, and clock from a 1989 Cherokee. Then pulled a brake booster, master cylinder, and pedal assemble (with switch) from a 1995 Cherokee. Total cost was about $50.

They also had a Comanche there with almost everything intact, but the bucket seats had been taken.

3195021181_2c60f54cfa.jpg

Picked up a gauge cluster, courtesy lights, ash tray light, and clock from a 1989 Cherokee. Then pulled a brake booster, master cylinder, and pedal assemble (with switch) from a 1995 Cherokee. Total cost was about $50.

They also had a Comanche there with almost everything intact, but the bucket seats had been taken.

3195021181_2c60f54cfa.jpg

That's some darn nice pricing. Anymore XJ boosters in that yard?

i hit a javelina today while i was racing a ford ranger out in the desert and luckily not much done but a slight bend in my brush guard :mad:

nice find on all the gear did you convert the 95 speedometer with the cable or did you convert to electric?

i hit a javelina today

Don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to say that! :D

I had to Google Javelina. It's real name is Peccary (aka; Javelina). Javelina is a Spanish/ Portuguese mixure of a name for them.

I say... Fuzzy Pig... :yes:

i hit a javelina today

Don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to say that! :D

I had to Google Javelina. It's real name is Peccary (aka; Javelina). Javelina is a Spanish/ Portuguese mixure of a name for them.

I say... Fuzzy Pig... :yes:

Bet that would go good with some BBQ sauce and beer!

Wow. Do MJ's flex that much as standard? Or does that truck have upgraded suspension? image_209027.gif

That's a 4.5" lift and 1.5" rear wheel spacers to keep the inside of the stuffed rear wheel from hitting the inside of the fender well (which was limiting my flex to 3.5" less than I have now). My limiting factor now is the shocks. 2 fully compressed, 2 fully extended.

Front shocks I can't really improve without major surgery, but I have half a plan to make the rear flex a bit more. It involves a few tricks including a SOA that will work with my front 4.5" lift for the time being, while allowing the possibility of stepping up to 6.5" later.

But all in due time.