what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

I tossed all it's old guts in boxes and threw them on shelves in the barn, then cleaned the shop, then put a new CB antenna on it, and went to a junkyard. bought a new bed for the 3800 for $250...still dented, but fixable. also picked up a dana 44 rear for $150 with 3.55 gears and perhaps trac-loc for my bro's mj. going back next weekend to pick up, have reciepts.

Yesterday I pumped the tank dry, dropped the tank, took out the pump assembly, flushed the tank, cleaned it out, put the supposed dud pump back in with a new sock and reinstalled everything. Today I drove it 350 miles no problems, so the dud pump is fine, just the sock that got plugged up with a gritty black paste.

Today I took it through a car wash with a chassis bath option to remove 1000+ miles worth of road salt from this past week.

Slid down a hill, had to get off the brakes to steer.... Up the curb, across a culvert and up into the woods to stop. All because some idiot pulled infront of mee and stopped!!! he was leaning over the seat getting something from the back seat as I slid past!!! This was 05:30 this AM, he opologised and said he didnt think anyone would be on the road.... As I said, IDIOT!!

NO damage, couple touchy moments and some white knuckles, but no damage. Even the drawers stayed clean!! :D :D The guy asked if I wanted him to call a wrecker to pull me out of the woods. I said why, got in the MJ and backed right out. He just stood there with a dumb look on his face. Guess the guy never owned a jeep before!!! :eek: :D

CW

eesh 88...

check your frame and the back of your cab. i know a guy who had the same rear end hit, wrecked the frame and pushed the box into the cab denting the cab and wrecking the rear window and basically totalling it.

he repaired it though with ALOT of time.

get some headrests btw... :no:

I put in the new stereo that I got from Boilermaker :cheers:

I didn't know that the old speakers in this truck could still put out the sound that they do :eek: I cranked this thing up and it was amazing that four 20 year old speakers can still pump out a decent sound and vibrate the mirrors :clapping:

I didn't have it cranked up here, but this is it performing...

I got new plate tags for the 86 and 90 (and dakota). It's a big reason I don't look forward to my b-day. The cash output to hold on to my trucks is not insignificant. :( They all have to be licensed and insured even if they never leave private property. Stupid city. :headpop:

And I picked up my cowll induction hood today. It's going on first thing in the morning.

My buddy and I went to put the hood on and we found that one of the corners was damaged. So now I gotta wait for a replacement. :(