what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Didnt take any pics but I repaired a broken wire causing the interior lights not to work. Also cleanned a couple grounds and the c101 connector tonight. I'm committed to getting the my back to road worthy this time. Hoping to squeeze in a junkyard trip this weekend if time allows.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, GreasemonkeySC said:

I use to love turning wrenches. That changed after 25yrs as a mechanic.emoji373.pngemoji374.pngemoji853.png

I got such a gift from my girlfriend for Christmas :)

Maybe if I was a mechanic for 20 years it would be different. I love to spin the screws in my jeeps :) but only in my :)

49104184_2025155367521452_223135628475236352_n.jpg.78c08a0439b70744c165df0ec8aa04a7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been making 150mile trips with her lately.

Noticed on a speed trap or two that my speedo twords the higher end aren't exactly accurate. 75mph was reading 87... decided to push my luck. Made it to what I think is 90mph on my 85mph speedo, read 115 on trap. lol

Kinda scary. Dunno why I did it, but I did haha.

brought my nicer set of gray MJ buckets out of storage to clean them up.  I've got a week of anticipation ahead of me, so I figure I need to do something MJ related. :D  oh, and I also ordered a headlight relay harness.

(I'm also starting work on the Dakota, but that's not an MJ so it doesn't really count here)

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

brought my nicer set of gray MJ buckets out of storage to clean them up.  I've got a week of anticipation ahead of me, so I figure I need to do something MJ related. :D  oh, and I also ordered a headlight relay harness.

(I'm also starting work on the Dakota, but that's not an MJ so it doesn't really count here)

So, is this a local find?

27 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Congrats Pete! Are you going to 4x4 and AX15 convert it?

not a chance in hell. :D   this little baby is going to live a pampered life just as you see it now (except with headrests and the broken items fixed).  Or at least as pampered as I can give it seeing as I don't own a climate controlled garage.  (not yet at least) 

not a chance in hell.    this little baby is going to live a pampered life just as you see it now (except with headrests and the broken items fixed).  Or at least as pampered as I can give it seeing as I don't own a climate controlled garage.  (not yet at least) 
Yeah, what's up with the head rests?
My 92 didn't have any.

the older years didn't have them on the benches.  eventually they decided that the back glass was a poor preventer of whiplash and included them.  not sure why your 92 wouldn't have them. :dunno:  should have been standard by then.

I will of course be hanging on to the bench for future Concours d'Elegance showings. :grinyes: 

Installed sway bar drop brackets to get the sway bar off of the bottom of the radiator. It was getting pretty tight when I put it on a lift. All good now, I even got to shorten my adjustable sway bar links. 

I still have a bunch of stuff to do to it. I have a cable front axle disco kit to install. I have a new carpet kit to install. Still havent installed my Scarfab hitch, or my front hitch I got for Christmas. Still have some Hella off road lights to install that I got two birthdays ago. I bought an Azzys tcase shift lever kit to install, only to find out it won't work on a 2.5 AX5 setup, so the OEM shifter still needs to be installed. Ill do all then when I do the carpet, or vice versa. Bought new  bushings for the original tcase linkage as well.