what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Finally finished up the complete re-rewire. Got the taillight harness working correct and after tryimg the weather proof connectors without the right crimper I had to order a set same day from amazon. Keyless entry works now and on weds the infinity 6.5 component speakers and rear 4x6 infinity kappa show up so I can get it put back together and get to working in the fan/shroud setup 95b1932531cc623af7b621ded0ee521f.jpg6304f7ff056e9372fd4f2dc3b96c300d.jpg10a373b4d85da3a04a978787d2262a83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cody4359 said:

Got a good start on the shroud. Used a chunk of xj hood that's been in my way

YJ fan?  Y?  I mean why...?

I changed the oil.  Spun the old filter off and hurled it in the trash.  Spun the new one on and it turns out it's dented to crap all over the top.  And that was the last Renix filter out of the batch I bought a while ago, so I guess I'll go to the parts store tomorrow and buy 5 more.

Just a reminder to everyone to make sure you're updating your build thread too. :L: 

took my half-a-jeep into town to pick up some new shoes. :D  (the shoes will be for the Libby)

20180726_094957.jpg

Wiring and interior are finally back together. The new front speakers are ok, returned the rear 4x6 kappa's since I was hoping for a little bass. Once I get back from my next job I'm looking at adding a 10" sub since apparently my hopes of the 6.5" speakers didn't pan out to what I was thinking. I miss my old steering wheel, put this junker in to see if my clock spring is broke and that's why no horn or cruise controlebe9e25a238a65d8b58fc8a534702f52.jpg3903462190f3389857d8ed3f18448b7d.jpg

Just a reminder to everyone to make sure you're updating your build thread too. :L: 

took my half-a-jeep into town to pick up some new shoes.   (the shoes will be for the Libby)

20180726_094957.jpg.b67c5c1acc7497b79af76d21bc0930e6.jpg
I would but I deleted my thread so this is wha you get lol

Crossed a couple of easy ones off the to-do list this weekend.  First, was swapping in the Putco light harness. And second, was installing cruise control.

To activate cruise, I did need to buy a new turn signal lever.  Interestingly, I couldn't find a part number for a turn lever WITH cruise control and WITHOUT wiper delay. Was that combo never offered?? Anyway,  I had to buy one that is labeled for cruise  + wiper delay. It works great, but now my wiper nodes are labeled wrong.

Which, of course, means I get to have fun researching wiper delay components. Woohoo!

Just saw that thread lol.
Glad I was a source of inspiration! haha :beerchug:
You, and the guy that cut me off turning in the Dr office this morning. Cut me off because he realized they had one space left in the parking lot, and if he gave me the right of way it was going to be mine!
So I blocked him in......

• 2 weeks later...