Introduce your Comanche...

Pete M

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all.  I've been lurking for a while now and thought I should introduce my truck.  It is a '91 short bed, 4.0 auto 4x4 that I have had for about 2 years now.  So far I have replaced a lot of suspension components, and it has new rear leafs, new coils up front with JKS adjustable spacers, a JKS adjustable trackbar, and WJ lower control arms.  I took off the 16'' wheels that were on the truck, and swapped on some 15'' Jeep wheels from an XJ, then put on the 31'' BFG all-terrain tires.  I took off the Tonneau cover and put it in the garage, but I'm still still thinking about trying to fix it up and put it back on.  I had a generic roll bar, but I didn't like the look after all and sold it.  I thought I'd want a topper, but unsure of that now as space is limited.  I also have a tool box that could fit in there, but right now the bed is empty.  There are several small things I need to get done on this thing, and it needs a new headliner and paint, but it's slowly coming along and it's been fun to own for the last couple years.  

• 6 months later...

Finally picked up my first MJ. It's an '89 LWB, 4.0L, 2wd with 57,000 miles. It needs some work (starting with that yellow paint), but I'm thinking I'll keep things pretty simple and use it as a DD. If anyone has any opinions, I'm all ears.

I've been following along for a bit and am glad to have found this group. So much helpful information and a bunch of really nice people.

ZFVtoBd.jpg

• 3 months later...

i know i have probably posted in this,but i am bored and want to introduce all my comanches that i have had in my possession

1st

1986 2wd 2.5l 4 speed (stripped, scrapped)

2nd

1989 4wd 4.0l Auto (sold)

3rd

1987 2wd 2.5l 5 speed (sold)

4th

1988 2wd->4wd 4.0l 5 speed (stripped, scrapped)

5th

1989 4wd 4.5l 5 speed (alive)

6th

1988 shell (scraped)

7th

1987 2wd->4wd 4.0l 5 speed (alive)

thats all for now

i know i have probably posted in this,but i am bored and want to introduce all my comanches that i have had in my possession

1st - 1986 2wd 2.5l 4 speed (stripped, scrapped)

2nd - 1989 4wd 4.0l Auto (sold)

3rd - 1987 2wd 2.5l 5 speed (sold)

4th - 1988 2wd->4wd 4.0l 5 speed (stripped, scrapped)

5th - 1989 4wd 4.5l 5 speed (alive)

6th - 1988 shell (scraped)

7th - 1987 2wd->4wd 4.0l 5 speed (alive)

thats all for now

You really need to stop buying MJ's. Out of 7 you've scrapped 3. Quit it.

1st - 1986 2wd 2.5l 4 speed (stripped, scrapped)

2nd - 1989 4wd 4.0l Auto (sold)

3rd - 1987 2wd 2.5l 5 speed (sold)

4th - 1988 2wd->4wd 4.0l 5 speed (stripped, scrapped)

5th - 1989 4wd 4.5l 5 speed (alive)

6th - 1988 shell (scraped)

7th - 1987 2wd->4wd 4.0l 5 speed (alive)

thats all for now

You really need to stop buying MJ's. Out of 7 you've scrapped 3. Quit it.

technically, the last shell was written off through insurance when i had it given to me. and the second one was a freak accident.

from all of these trucks have taught me a VAST knowledge of things and life experiences.

if you think three comanches sent to the bones by a member is bad, you havent been around cc that long.

but no more clutter, on this thread

• 1 year later...

Hello Comanche Club! I got my first Comanche and loving the truck. It's 1991 4.0L Pioneer Long bed with 138,000 miles configured to an AX-4 transmission and, D30/D35 axles. A bunch of my friends laugh everything I get out of it since I am tall guy (6'6") and driving a little truck. Been doing basic work before I start to upgrade and lift her. I am looking forward to all the knowledge I can learn from everyone here.

• 7 months later...

Hello all. I got an '87 Comanche recently. Also have an '84 cj7, '81 Scrambler and a '94 Land Cruiser. 

I've bobtailed 13" off my Scrambler and plan to do the same to my long bed Comanche so that it's the same as a short bed with longer wheelbase. 

Here the Scrambler is:

8089042.JPG

and here's the Comanche. 

8089050.JPG

Here's mine.   It's an '88 2WD Eliminator with about 108,000 mi. on it.   It's pretty much stock, the only revisions being a SONY radio and the cleats on the side of the box.   It was originally red.   The previous owner had it painted black and the painter did a good job of it.   My plans are to convert it to 4WD this summer, install a 2" lift and put 245/75/16 tires and MOAB wheels on it.   I've also included a shot of its garage mate ... my 1989 Cherokee.

5a6f281f0bc77_17-08-126a.thumb.jpg.0d4fe365035c0945ca10595afed9ec82.jpg

17-08-21 1.JPG

picture.php?albumid=4517&pictureid=79661

• kryptronic unpinned this topic
  • 4 years later...
12 minutes ago, neohic said:

Ha! I was just looking at the Craigslist ad for this truck. :peep:

ahh yes, working on gathering my 10 posts so I can post it here, haha. been lurking the forum for a while and now it's time to part ways with the ol girl