your prob gona hate me for this.....

I'm new here, ive had my mj since december, got her for 450 bux. shes an 87...

516200671620PM3591.jpg

s10 frame small block chevy, will be the first bodydropped comanche :)

btw I'm wondering if 2nd gen cherokee doors are the same? I'm wanting the 1 piece big window instead of hte small non working small vent window...

they are not the same, but from what I have heard, they are easily adaptable. I can't find the thread right now, but someone justcovered that tpoic in our tech section. one of the other guys on here can help you for sure

whatever you want to do man.Most of us prefer going the opposite way.

You going to take it to the strip? Comanches have a proud racing heritage.

Anyway, the 97 doors will fit, you'll need the 97+ striker as well, and it will need to be slightly modified to fit, just elongating the top hole.

I've got a custom roll pan that came out of my MJ. You can have it for $50 and shipping. It's heavy, made of steel.

Rollpan.jpg

it was welded to my quarter panels and to the hitch. You can see that the hitch receiver hides behind the plate.

thx for the replys guys. yea i have a 4x4 ranger to get my offroad kicks with, tho its no strait axle :( as for the roll pan, grant kustoms in northern california is hand making me a roll pan and tail light fillers for it :) i mite take it to the strip to see what itll run just for giggles :)

That gives me ideas of grafting a MJ body onto a 1ton chevy :evil:

NOOO!! put down the sawzall and back awayyyy from pong... we all know you love it just how it is! :evil: buuuut on second thought a comanche on a 1ton frame would be absolutely UNSTOPABLE.. so carry on.

btw. nice truck, maybe well see it on a mag cover one day!

LMAO. thats on the front half of the shop lol. FYI i got some 12 in demolitoin blades from homedepot. o yea those floor boards were in mint shape, maybe if you like swiss cheese.

I like what you're doing. Not a big fan of lowriders, myself, but I can really appreciate the technical and fab knowledge that would go into a project like yours.

I was thinking about attempting to cut out the stock "framerails" and making a tube structure to mount the body on for mine. Naturally, that's way down the road...

Anyway, definitely keep updating with pics as you progress.

eh i figure ill be the first to do one this radical to an MJ. ive seen a couple XJs done. hardest part of removing the frame was the front rails and rear rails right at the rear of the cab. nothing a sawzall and torch couldnt fix tho :)

• 2 weeks later...