$500 MJ's Rear Bumpers

any chance you have some templates for anyone who wants to make up their own bumper?

Yah, I've got some templates. I'm about to be laid up for quite a bit of time here in January. I can take the time then to draw them up in CAD and make them available online in .pdf for everyone. Look for them sometime mid-January. I figure that will be the best way to share them.

I see all of you guys out there that are looking for bumpers, and I haven't given up on making them again. Right now, I'm still in that between zone, don't have a welder yet, don't have a place to make them yet, etc... I'm hoping that someday I can do this again...

Right now, I'm spending time fixing a ZJ and getting ready for my wedding in June.

New MJ owner, and new to the forum. I need a rear bumper before I can get my 89 registered and on the road as it needs a safety inspection (rule when newly registering in this province - the beast came from BC :Canadaflag: )

Very interested - especially when I noticed that JC Offroad is no longer offering the rear bumpers. Just hope the shipping doesn't kill it,,,,

Is no one else manufacturing rear bumpers????

I don't know of anyone else that makes them. Have you scrounged around at all of the junkyards yet? Some people have made other small pickup (S-10 & Ranger) bumpers work in a pinch.

New MJ owner, and new to the forum. I need a rear bumper before I can get my 89 registered and on the road as it needs a safety inspection (rule when newly registering in this province - the beast came from BC :Canadaflag: )

Very interested - especially when I noticed that JC Offroad is no longer offering the rear bumpers. Just hope the shipping doesn't kill it,,,,

I don't know of anyone else that makes them. Have you scrounged around at all of the junkyards yet? Some people have made other small pickup (S-10 & Ranger) bumpers work in a pinch.

I may have to get a factory original from a junkyard for now just to pass inspection - I was just hoping I could get a well built aftermarket right off the hop.

I emailed JC Offroad about their rear MJ bumpers - just to see if there was any chance of bringing them back into production. No bites, just a reply saying they discontinued due to lack of sales.

Looking forward to seeing some plans. I may just have one built here and along with a few other issues rectified I can pass inspection and have her on the road by spring,,,,,, :clapping:

I may have to get a factory original from a junkyard for now just to pass inspection - I was just hoping I could get a well built aftermarket right off the hop.

I emailed JC Offroad about their rear MJ bumpers - just to see if there was any chance of bringing them back into production. No bites, just a reply saying they discontinued due to lack of sales.

Looking forward to seeing some plans. I may just have one built here and along with a few other issues rectified I can pass inspection and have her on the road by spring,,,,,, :clapping:

Here you go

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27687

Brandon

This is the front bumper that I designed the rear bumper to "match" - Still available from JCR Offroad: http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/mer ... y_Code=MJB

I'm working on the drawings of the parts right now, should still get them out by mid-late January.

The D-Ring tabs are made out of 3/4" steel, you can buy them as builder parts here (they come in twos): http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/mer ... y_Code=DPL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, so no .pdfs made up yet. I know, I know... I dropped the ball there.

However, I purchased the last remaining sets of rear bumper brackets from JCR Offroad once I found out that they were getting low on stock and they did not plan on making the brackets again. I plan to measure them up instead and make the .pdfs of them to post up once I get them here into my possession.

Comparing the brackets I was using to the ones that JCR Offroad had, I like the design and the efficient use of steel that they had with theirs much more than the way I did them. Might as well draw up the ones that are worth drawing up in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Was lurking, and noticed nobody mentioned Detours Off Road? He makes some really good parts, and does alot of custom work, I've been following is build, the rolling felony, on cherokeeforums for a while now, if anyones interested his website is detoursusa.com, check it out! :thumbsup: