how to tell whether you have an AX-15 or a BA10/5 5spd trans

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, the BA 10/5 is fine IF serviced by someone that actually knows Peugeots. I'm looking at a turbo diesel from a Peugeot wagon with BA 10/5 in my Comanche (if the owner ever brings it down from Alaska. Ferry ride is expensive)

Buddy of mine is a Peugeot expert and he said the 4x4 version wasn't set up with the clearances correct and they ran the wrong oil in it too. His has 300,000 miles+ on it no probs, so he's doing something right!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

10 years later and now i'm reading this, nice. Thinking of buying a 1987 commache, with a 94 HO motor swapped into it. It has a BA10 on it but it also comes with a AX15 and everything for the swap. He's asking 3,000 but I could prob get him down. Should I go for it?

7 hours ago, Matt S said:

10 years later and now i'm reading this, nice. Thinking of buying a 1987 comanche, with a 94 HO motor swapped into it. It has a BA10 on it but it also comes with a AX15 and everything for the swap. He's asking 3,000 but I could prob get him down. Should I go for it?

the condition of the body matters most.  the big steel and aluminum bits underneath are far more easily replaceable.  :L: 

9 hours ago, Matt S said:

10 years later and now i'm reading this, nice. Thinking of buying a 1987 commache, with a 94 HO motor swapped into it. It has a BA10 on it but it also comes with a AX15 and everything for the swap. He's asking 3,000 but I could prob get him down. Should I go for it?

I wouldn't avoid a truck because of the transmission. I've done burnouts and clutchless shifts on 31s with my Peugeot for 4,000 miles and I am yet to have an issue. That said, my AX-15 is going in soon.