• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

A list of fun is on the horizon for this fella, including...

Swapping Aw4 transmissions, includes new torque converter and seals

Also swapping in a matching 23 spline transfer case

New exhaust from the header back ( new manifold likely to come later this year as well)

Alloy front axle shafts and new fluids for the Diffs.

It's been awhile since I had to dump any major fundage into this truck so its time to make another Car payment as I say. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's sure been an adventure. After getting it all buttoned up it was evident that the transfer case chain was absolutely shot, so out it came again and the 231 was serviced with a new chain and fork pads. All back together this week only to have the new shift cable fail.....not happy, cheap junk is all it is. I have another of a different brand on the way.

The trans and transfer case all work great now atleast, its been a great learning experience as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up a new exhaust manifold for dirt cheap and slapped it in yesterday, that now completes the exhaust overhaul, brand new front to back!

Waiting on my relay harness for my LED headlights yet. Friends and I are hoping to hit up Rausch Creek later this spring. It's been 4 years since I was there last so I'm excited for that!

• 3 years later...

This fella is still alive and kicking. Approaching it's 31st birthday in July. No major updates, just keep it around for the occasional adventure and like to run it at least once a week. Some cosmetic work will be sometime in the future for this truck as well.

15556165973388931318376111268203.jpg