? on Mechanical temp gauge

Thanks wooky I'm going to take it off and check the clearence to see the machinable room if its not possible Ill take a trip to the JY and see if I can find a XJ or somthing.What years had the Thermostat housing with the port?

The HOs, 1991 and up. But I doubt the stat housing will have sufficient depth for the mech. temp bulb.

Well got it all figured out today I hope :roll: I went to a local JY near my work and picked up a thermostat housing off a 98. but the d@mn thing cost me $25 I felt like this was kinda pricey but oh well I have one know and my search will be over

By the way Akula they have two MJ's and 12 XJ's at Mac's JY on Airline Hwy near 310 in St.Rose I didnt see them but thats what the parts manager told me.

Thanks for all the help and quick responces guys,and another ? will a tilt column from an XJ fit in my MJ?

Got the thermostat and 98 housing installed today with the 180* thermostat let it idle in the drive for a good 30 min. and cracked open the temp sensor no air with a good flow back to the plastic res. ? is how would I know if the system still needs burping? Oh and by the way it never exeeded 195* at idle and 180/185* on the shake down run about 5 miles or so