Fantasy Football

maddzz1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What slick pickup? There's nothing but schmucks left. :( Having said that, maybe the schmucks will actually perform, unlike the supposed-to-be-awesome guys that I had last week. :roll: I'm reasonably pleased with the team I scrounged together. Might have a chance if they can produce. :thumbsup:

What slick pickup? There's nothing but schmucks left. :( Having said that, maybe the schmucks will actually perform, unlike the supposed-to-be-awesome guys that I had last week. :roll: I'm reasonably pleased with the team I scrounged together. Might have a chance if they can produce. :thumbsup:

Ever heard of Trades?

/I'm just sayin'

Ever heard of Trades?

/I'm just sayin'

i was just thinking this morning #2 that nobody had attempted any trades yet and i'm a little thin at WR, so Mr. Cutler may be going on the block for a decent QB and an upper tier WR. Anyone? Anyone?

Ever heard of Trades?

/I'm just sayin'

i was just thinking this morning #2 that nobody had attempted any trades yet and i'm a little thin at WR, so Mr. Cutler may be going on the block for a decent QB and an upper tier WR. Anyone? Anyone?

I attempted one with one team before the season, but didn't even get a deny notice...don't know that they even saw it...

Oh well...

Trades? Will that even matter? I've lost both of my un-tradeables to injuries. Ya know, the guys that are so good that the team restricts them to their starter team? I think my team is cursed. Maybe I shouldn't have put "Lions" in the name. :teehee:

Seriously. I hate this. Try as I might to figure out what to do, the players I play suddenly turn into feeble idiots, the players I bench have record games. It doesn't matter what I do, for it will be wrong. I can't even win against a team that hasn't changed since day 1 and has a benched lame QB "on the field".

:hateputers:

At least the lions play again next week....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like I'm going to lose another one. Unless my kicker and the one wide receiver have a spectacular game tomorrow (and the opposing fantasy QB has an awful game today). sigh... How am I supposed to win anything if my TE and the one RB combine for all of 2 points? At least I got my un-tradeable WR back from his injury (from right before game 1). We'll see how he does today and maybe I'll get to play him next week.

Well, my last 2 guys have started playing their game, but since I'm down 55 to 110, I doubt I'll be getting a win this week. I blame Tom Brady for all this. Ya hear that Tom? I hate you. I hate you and your bum leg.

Somebody trade me one of there super duper awesome players for a week, I want to test out the theory that being on my fantasy team ensures that they will become a crappy player. :brows:

That's the key Pete, even the super duper's will suck a week or three, that's why you gotta ride your best lineup every week (i.e. mostly the same players) unless there is a glaring matchup advantage. You've already picked up and dropped some good players, a few worth keeping IMO.

My opponent this week got 68 points out of his top 3 players. I got 68 points period. Last week your top 2 got more points than my bottom 7. I'm tellin' ya, it doesn't matter which guys I pick, or what teams they will be playing, there will be suckage. :roll: I just got the short straw at the beginning of the year (from injuries) and have a bunch of mediocrity left to choose from. Changing up my lineup so as to bet against the Lions is still fun though. :D I even have a new avatar:

pete__m-06lions-72x72.jpg

I hate the stupid waiting period for free agents...i have 2 QB both now injured (Romo/Kitna) so i got into the free agent pool and everyone has 2 QB's so i finally pick an ok replacement and someone else decides to take him so now i have to wait till Friday to see if i get my new QB and if i don't I'm officially done for this week since i won't have a starting QB :headpop: :mad: :hateputers:

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still playing... it looks like 1/2 the teams didn't bother to field full teams this week with injurys and stuff... I know I'm kicking butt, but sheesh, at least we could finish out the season, unless you just want to send me the Cash now :D

Maybe we need a trophy to pass around and make this an annual thing (me kicking everyons butt that is!)

SW2

Is anyone still playing... it looks like 1/2 the teams didn't bother to field full teams this week with injurys and stuff... I know I'm kicking butt, but sheesh, at least we could finish out the season, unless you just want to send me the Cash now :D

Maybe we need a trophy to pass around and make this an annual thing (me kicking everyons butt that is!)

SW2

Yeah, seems like a lot of people have bailed. Not as fun when your opponent has three guys out on bye and he didn't change his lineup. I thought I was in good shape last night w/Reggie Wayne left to get me 15 pts. Friggin Titans D is tough man. Plus, Stephen Jackson was game-time decision and held out because of injury and I was out of the house so I couldn't make a change. Wouldn't have mattered, Dunn and McLain didn't do anything.