06 Rockport PowWow pictures now up on page 4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of a crazy weekend.

I caught up with Bounty Hunter and Pete on the trail.

with 31" All terrains, my 31" dif was hitting on the 33" ruts.

I had to take the kiddie trail back.

The RROCK rock crawling competition was a nice

way to break up the day.

...BOB

Just to let everyone know that I did in fact survive the trip home. We got in very late last night . The Liberty gave me 22 mpg hauling 4-5k lbs, which is better mileage than if I had just driven the MJ! Dang I LOVE that diesel!! jamminz.gif

I don't have many pics because I gave my cousin the video camera to use rather than the still, but I'll get my stuff up tomorrow. Maybe I can figure out how to get the video posted. :D

Just to let everyone know that I did in fact survive the trip home. We got in very late last night . The Liberty gave me 22 mpg hauling 4-5k lbs, which is better mileage than if I had just driven the MJ! Dang I LOVE that diesel!! jamminz.gif

I don't have many pics because I gave my cousin the video camera to use rather than the still, but I'll get my stuff up tomorrow. Maybe I can figure out how to get the video posted. :D

Liberties can tow?

The trails were awesome! It's the kind of terrain you wish would never stop. I could do that stuff for days. It's a shame some of it is being snatched away.

OK, here are the few pics I got:

Changing the tire on the YJ:

Notice my Co2 tank, impact gun, and shovel. Not seen in the pic is my floorjack which is what is actually lifting the axle up. People seemed shocked I would bring that kind of stuff on a trail. Pfft. Amatures. :D

My truck on the trail:

I LOVE the boggers! The extra width proved magical in many areas, but I cought a lot of trees. There were at least 2 places where both my rear tires were touching trees at the same time. I can't imagine if I had a fullsize truck on those trails. :eek: The body would be toast for sure.

My suspension:

Bob and I in the parking lot:

Couple of competitors in the rocks:

To anyone that says that static tests with the tire are good enough, I say:

I dented the fender in Colorado and simply crushed it more. I also lost my radio antenna (don't use the radio anymore anyway) and dented the body on the passenger side in front of the rear tire. The big concern is the fact that my rear axle's yoke moves slightly independently of the pinion nut. Just a bit of a wiggle. Haven't a clue what's wrong, but I imagine it's not an easy fix. Stupid Ford axle. :headpop:

My fender flares will always be on the truck (unless a tree removes them), but I would like to remove them, trim away the excess metal and move them up a couple inches. I really like the "stockish" look that the flares give. Hopefully I'll have all of that done and get the rear axle fixed for this fall in Tellico. I need to figure out what went wrong with the yoke before I can start thinking about the posi. I'm thinking maybe the crush sleave got crushed a bit more,

Oh, and you can add to the list a tweaked exhaust. The entire assembly broke free of the trans mount brackets I added (stupid cheap pieces of crap) and moved back by about 4". At least I figured out where that noise was coming from. Part of the one clamp is now resting on the crossmember.