60/40 bench seat with an armrest?

Finally settled on a '92 Comanche and now i'm in the dreaming stage! It has a broken-down bench and I was initially thinking of doing XJ buckets. However I have 2 small children and if I do that I'll never be able to take them both even though this is a 3rd vehicle and doesn't really need to. Has anyone researched adding a bench with an armrest or a 60/40 similar to what's in late model Ranger's, etc? I did a search but didn't find any chatter about using non-Jeep seats.

thanks!

Brandon

'97 XJ

'92 MJ

'84 CJ8

Various other *J's!

If I was you, I'd go to a pick'n'pull with a couple wrenches and a tape measure. Find something you like, sit in a it, measure everything that looks critical to see if it's going to fit at all, and pull it if it'll work. Summit Racing sells universal seat mouting brackets, which will probably work. Or you could just steal the brackets off your origonal bench seat and fab up whatever you'll need to make them work. I doubt that would be hard as all you'll need, most likely, is some peices of bar stock and a couple bolts/nuts.

I'm just saying this because I don't think anybody has done the swap. I put buckets in mine.

Get a late '90s to early 2000 Ranger 60/40 Bench. My folks have a 2001 Ranger Extra Cab and I've measured the seat. It looks to be the exact width, height, length, etc. and it even has a cutout for the shifter. I did have a '96 Dakota and the bench in it was bigger than the MJ.

I plan to hit the yards this Spring and swap it in instead of my current bench.

- JP