To Fix this:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Apparently MJ's aren't Bimbo proof! Loaned the Jeep to a friend to move some tires. He got 3/4 of a mile from the shop and this 18 Y-O blew a stopsign and this was the result. I am fearful that Insurance is gonna want to total it as KBB.com says one in EXCELLENT shape is only worth $2500

:headpop:

In most places...if the damage is not your fault, they can not total it if you don't agree to it. Knowing what I do from a similar situation and similar damage to our MJ by a 15 year old on his learners permit, that is probably $2500 + worth of damage. Ours was close, but not quite as bad as yours and the other folks insurance fixed it :cheers: .

Get advice & research your local insurance laws/regulations.

Get advice & research your local insurance laws/regulations.

That's well said :D

Before you start jumping to conclusions on what the insurance company "might" do, go talk to your agent, and find out what's going to happen.

If the other driver was sighted.......then "there" insurance should cover you, and at worst, the insurance company should offer you a "buy back" option.

Get the low down from your agent, and hope for the best.

And really sorry that this happen to your baby :cry:

Questions are:

1. Was the other party at fault?

2. Were they charged with a violation?

3. Was the accident investigated by the police?

4. Was an accident report filed?

5. Did the other party have laibility insurance? (Half the rednecks driving around here in AL do not).

If the answer to any of the above is NO, you may be SOL. :cry:

Yes to all 5.

That's great. It seems like every fool that runs into one of our family cars my insurance company ends up paying (- the deductable of course). Luckily no worries with the MJ yet. I think you'll be okay; like the others said, work with your agent. But I'll bet you're already doing just that. :D

it's totalled.

don't even call your insurance. call the other person's and get on their case. take it to a price adjuster, pay the $150-$200 to get a fair market estimate on your specific truck less damage as-is. it should be near $4500 (from the looks of it) especially if you can produce reciepts.

as for the body...the box isn't all that bad. it can be fixed.

the cab corner can also be fixed

door should be replaced as that's cheaper.

the frame...it needs to be checked on a frame machine to see if it's square. i hope so.

best bet, get the $$$ and leave it alone. wheel it responsibly and now you don't have to kill anything when it gets scratched/dented.